Sign in to follow this  

Quite frankly this AMAZES me!!!!

Thanks for your response. I am using Windows 2000. I know how to remove the display drivers. I just did not know whether I was supposed to do that or whether it was done automatically when I installed the new drivers. I will uninstall them. Thanks! Robb

Will these drivers help folks with GeForce4 cards like they do the GeForce3 cards? ThanksRobb

Guest abent

They did for me. I don't tweak my card - TI4200 128 MB - and they made a real difference in clarity. I could boost my frame lock from 26-33 and it pretty much stays there with Barry Blaisdell's Propnl 2using Activesky wxRE and Radar Contact. As previously stated, I'm really pleased with the difference.Adam

This driver thread really has me interested in trying the 29.42's.I have an old system with - running Windows98 original - that has a Diamond Viper 770 32 meg card. Currently I'm running the nVidia 4.13.01.1241 version drivers. Actually I get pretty good performance on this tired old PII 400 in 2K2 Pro as long as I don't go nuts with the settings. Does anyone know if those drivers will work with this card, and what's the best way to install them? It's been so long that I've forgotten how to uninstall old drivers and properly install the new ones.Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest PhLem

I would like to thank you Shane. I had never thought that an old driver would improve performance so much. It really makes a great difference now. With the latest driver and using Mel's 777 I got around 6-13 fps. Now I can run it 21-25 fps. That is indeed amazing. That makes it worthwhile again for me. Thanks a million for your " research ".Udo.:-wavewww.YeoDesigns.com

NP PhLem!!!!!!Glad it worked out for ya!! :) :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest aca_dia

I just gave them a try with little success. P3 800512mb RamGeForce 4 Ti4400 128MBMSFS 1280X1024Tested using FSD's Seneca VI rolled back from the 40.72 drivers to the 29.42. With my settings at about 60% Im lucky to get 22fps locked out in the woods. Im also finding that with these drivers there is more fuctuation in frame rates. Also all of the terrain seems to be very dark with these drivers. Im going back to where I was.

Well you are the lucky one check one of my previous post:hi!I've just purchased a new system that i built myself,i was expecting a dreadful change in fs2k2 but.....nothing or i shall say so little!I've built an amd 2700 based on asus nv8x(deluxe) motherboard with 1024 meg of ddr3200 ram feeding an ati radeon 9700 pro videocard.I ve also installed the latest drivers directx9 and so forth....I have a lot of sceneries installed butit was there before.....I have locked my framerate to 22 fps and on some sceneries like uk2000 i'm getting something like 5fps wich is is exactly what i was getting before with my amd 1800 msi kt266 mb and 512 meg of 2100 ddrsurrounded by a ge-force2 gts videocard.Something must be wrong there and even all the display settings sliders unchanged i.e not set to maximum but to an average to relief the ge-force 2!Ai aircraft and atc disabled also!My cpu runs at a 100% when fs2002 is started.Is that normal??Does anybody has ever experience such a thing before?stonetemplepilot

Your system has issues!! Your performance shouldn't be anywhere near that!Sounds to me like you have a heating issue. The first thing that happens (if it doesn't shut restart or lock-up) when your system is overheating is severe frame rate loss. The XP2700 runs very hot, add in that 9700 Pro and you may have big problems without extra cooling!!!!!!Check your temps!Hope this helps :)Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest ha5mvo

YepEXACTLY!! the same observations.well, I might have gained a couple on the numbers (2-3 maybe) but they tend to fluctuate so frequently thet the OVERALL smoothnes is actually reduced. yes, the terrain IS darker.I'm sure happy it worked so greatly for some, unfortunately not for me.In any case, Thank you for your tips//Mike

Thanx fot the answer Shane i' ve checked all that my cpu is the coolest i've evr had it is getting of to 32

What size PSU are you using??I know the ATI connects directly to the PSU and it draws quite a bit of power.Shane

Ark

Guest Henri W

Hi,Same problem with my P3 800 o/c to 880, ASUS GF2 GTS 64 Mb, 384 Mb.I changed from 12.90 graphic drivers to the 29.42 drivers. The graphics quality changed from excellent to very bad. Also I could not set my refresh rate higher than 75 Hz anymore. I made sure that I properly removed the old drivers, also cleaned the registry. I have done this many times and I am quite sure I did not make mistakes. After a short try I was happy to use a ghost image to roll my old setup using the 12.90 drivers back.I am glad the 29.42 drivers are working so well for many of you, for me it was a big disappointment.Best regards,Henrihttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

420WATTSMy sys would crash if it was drawing to much pwr anyway.I'have checked with the sys monitoring asus utility and all the freq volts are quite stable.I'll do some other test and let you guys know how it ended but it is still amazing the results you get with geforce 500 compared to my it is a "crual" diferenceThx for help anyway!STONETEMPLEPILOT