Sign in to follow this  
TPerson

Epic LT

Nice review.But I think you should re-think this statement:The G1000 system is just the default FSX G1000,...If that was the case then how come the FS9 version has the same G1000 panel? I don't think the panel included with the Epic LT is a default panel.

I'll pass that on to the reviewer.Perhaps it needs clarification between versions.

Hello,Sorry about this, i was under the false assumption that it was the default and just ported over to FS9. However i have contacted the developer and will make the necessary changes if need be...Thanks

Guest lionheart777

Hey guys,The Epic panel is indeed custom and not from the stock FSX Garmin system.Cheers and happy flying,BillLionheart Creations

Guest Pro-Sim

Yes good first review Kylan - but I think you were a little too kind about the absolutely awful flight characteristics in the FSX model (and the FS9 model is only slightly better).The pitch control is far too light, making the plane severely twitchy in all flight phases.

Guest DDAVIS

I have the epic for fs9 and I am still trying to do speed control on her. As for the panel, i say ROCK ON! I was so happy to see a g900x in fs9 that when I saw here on the web i had to have here and now she is in my hanger. by the way i found the review to be very fair and yes there was some confusion on the garmin panel and i was impressed by it's designed.

Guest Astradan

Update, re: my comments above:I was very critical of this add-on after buying it shortly after release (v1.1 I believe). I felt it had really quality control issues in the release (basic AP functions not working, lights all messed up, horrendously twitchy flight model, etc, etc).I decided to give it another try yesterday, and when re-downloading from Simmarket, noticed that current version is now 1.5.I have to say that the add-on is greatly improved. Flight dynamics now feel pleasant and realistic. Most of the issues seem to have been fixed, although some are the lights are still 'fused' together.I also do not agree that this is a super friendly add-on. Because it uses large screen depictions of the FSX GPS and the FSX default 747 PFD, it does draw a lot of CPU cycles and whilst frames are ok, I am seeing quite a wide range of fluctuation, leading to stutters and lack of smoothness.The standard FS gauges are not the most optimized and as this add-on uses default gauges for the basis of it's G1000 (as confirmed by the vendor), performance is affected likewise.I would now say that overall, this isn't a bad add-on and the Epic fills a nice niche in the 'super fast single engine composite turbo-prop category' !It's not a classic, it may have had Eaglesoft assistance (Bill Leeming) but it doesn't reach overall Eaglesoft standards IMHO. But it is a worthwhile product overall.I a going to investigate replacing the Epic's G1000 gauges with an alternative, to see how this addresses smoothness.Thanks,David.