Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Favourite or Best Aircraft?? What should we go for??

Hello everyone,I have been flying using the default aircraft in FS2002 for too long and like many of you I want to get more realistic aircraft. I have read through many posts but haven't really found an answer to my question of what aircraft (download or buy) are recommended.I have recently bought the Phoenix Airbus Pro package which certainly was a breath of fresh air, however I would like to add some more aircraft particularly Boeing's and MD's, perhaps other versions of Airbus too. Any aircraft really, lol.Please can people advise to what are your favourite aircraft or aircraft that are recommendable for use. I heard someone mention something about a Dreamfleet boeing for FS2000 which is meant to be good, is there a version for FS2002, trying to find there web site now!Thanks and happy flying

Hi,I would vote for the B742 "Ready for Pushback" or "767 PIC". IMHO, the "Ready for Pushback" is the most advanced aircraft to date for FS2002.Remember that "767 PIC" was originally made for FS2000, and has a FS2002 update to download for free.Earlier the 767 PIC was IMO the most advanced package for FS2002. But with the release of Ready for Pushback, the PIC title has fallen down to a second place. ;-)Ready for Pushback: http://www.panelshop.comPIC 767: http://www.wilcopub.com/767_MFS.htmFly safe, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

If you are looking for realism, and a "personal airliner" strikes your fancy, try the new Flight1 Meridian, it is the absolute new standard for FS2k2 add-ons.. Fly the tutorial flight and you will be hooked!www.flight1.com.Flightsim.com has a detailed review you might want to read..

Bert

Thanks Staffan, comments most appreciated. Will have a look at both of them. If you have time could you answer this if you can, I was looking earlier at a package from Perfect Flight called Adventures Unlimited Vol.5 - British airways. This package seems to include nearly all the current aircraft that BA operate, however, Looking at the screen shots they look similar to download airplanes I have seen on AVSim. Is that what the package is or have they built and customised the planes.Thanks again....

Guest UweR

The one I use for most of my GA flying is a Carenado Warrior II (with the FS2000 lights fixed), DF Archer sounds, DF Archer panel equipped with RealityXP GNS530, two new VOR recievers and RealityXP Apollo FLA. I like the Merdidian a lot as well, but this bird is easier on the machine in heavy scenery and weather. Other favourites in the Hangar include FSD Cheyenne and Super Cub, PSS Dash 8, Yannick

Don't go for "Ready for Pushback"..... In it's current state that bird will bring your system to it's knees. I can't believe someone would recommend that bird to someone totally new to add-on aircraft... Here are some great options that won't kill your frame rates:Payware:1. Dreamfleet 737, Cessna (heck, everything they do is good)2. CaptainSim's 7274. Flight1's Cessna 421, DC95. Any PSS offering (A320, 747, 777, etc.)6. FSD (you can't go wrong with any of their birds) 7. PIC 'Pilot in Command' 767 by Wilco (not PIC A320). Use the Freeware Project OpenSky's 767 with this panel..8. Ariane 737 (pricey but the best GMAX 737's on the market. Provide your own cockpit and sounds)Freeware:1. Meljet's 747,777 (Use PSS's panel)2. Yeodesign's 7374. Posky aircraft5. FSFrance -- Concorde (turn off ActiveSky's internal pilot view here)6. Falcon 50 (do a search on this site for this bird)Many of the freeware birds you'll have to search and hunt on this site and Flightsim.com for sounds and panels to go with them. What I've stated above is by no means a complete list but it would get you started and you'll have fun with those birds.I'll say it again, unless you have a Pentium4 3gig with a Radeon 9700 video card, stay FAR FAR away from READY FOR PUSHBACK 747-200. Further more This add-on is not the most realistic aircaft portrayed in FS2002 either. PIC767 and Captainsim's 727 over all (visuals, Flight model, VC, sounds, etc.) put's RFP to shame many times over with less of a framerate hit...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the responses Bert and Uwe. Planes looks great, wanted to get a small personal aircraft as I light the occasional flight in small seater props, hopefully I will find one that is as good as it is made out to be, and it might well be quite regularly leaving my hanger. :-)

Thanks for the recommendations.Although framerates shouldn't be a problem on the system I have setup, I will consider all of the above. I downloaded the Mel Jet series last night, very impressive visually, flight dynamics are also good. Have the PSS Airbus series, was considering the 747 and 777 but haven't been able to find a review yet, however judging by the Airbus, should be excellent.You said use the PSS panel on the MelJets though, will i find that on PSS website or on avsim.com/flightsim.com, guessing there are instructions for that somewhere.Thanks again.

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but who are FSD lol, or could someone give me the URL to there web site.>6. FSD (you can't go wrong with any of their birds)

Guest outtatimeiii

My favorite airplane in FS2002 is the Reno Air Racer P-51 Mustang. Not only is it fun to fly, its also fast :) . Its for those days where you want to step out of the "big iron" and start some havoc LOL. Although you CAN fly it like real, but whats the point of that LOL, you got a special race-tuned fire-breathing 3000HP RR Merlin under the hood craving for some use :).

You have to purchase the full 747 and 777 packages from PSS. Once you have them you can use their panels with the Meljet birds. Go into you aircraft's panel.cfg file and point the path to the PSS birds. You'll get the idea when you see the current path. All you have to do is find where the PSS panels are located. PSS currently uses the old FSDS models for their 747/777. You'll what a GMAX bird for FS2k2 whenever possible (landing lights, Flight Model, opening exit doors, etc). Meljet and Posky have the best freeware 747/777s out there right now. My vote is for the Meljet 777 and the Posky 747.Someone just gave you the link to FSD. They have a free upgrade to the default Baron and Kingair, get it. These guys are some of the best...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If you want a realistic and functional panel along with great flight dynamics and freeware to boot...download Oleksiy Frolov's Dash8.Be warned, this is not a jump in and fly aircraft, full starting procedures are required...one of the best around.more info at:http://hangar.fsbaltic.net/dash8/Tony in Miami

>I'll say it again, unless you have a Pentium4 3gig with a >Radeon 9700 video card, stay FAR FAR away from READY FOR >PUSHBACK 747-200. Further more This add-on is not the most >realistic aircaft portrayed in FS2002 either. PIC767 and >Captainsim's 727 over all (visuals, Flight model, VC, >sounds, etc.) put's RFP to shame many times over with less >of a framerate hit...Hi,I hope you are joking regarding your suggestions...If you think that RFP brings down the framerates, what then about Capt.Sims 727? Ready for Pushback is far more framerate friendly than many other addons.Furthermore, do you really think that the visual aircraft model in PIC 767 is better than the B742 in Ready for Pushback? In that case I think you need very strong glasses. :-lol PIC 767 was made for FS2000, and it really falles behind a whole bunch of other visual aircraft. Ready for Pushback also has a complete system representation which works. ;-)Finally, the guy asked for our own favourite aircraft addon,...right?See my system specs below. With those specs I don

Staffan