Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Airliner.net pics in reviews

Lately in reviews I have seen directly linked airliner.net photos (Credit is given though) as comparison to the product being reviewed. I thought directly linking Airliner.net photos was a major no no for them and also against AVSIM rules? Just curious if something has changed?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Reviewers often compare product to real world places or aircraft. You will have also seen Google Earth references in scenery reviews or personal aircraft pictures in aircraft reviews. As long a copyright credit is given where credit is due, linking to other websites is fine.

>Reviewers often compare product to real world places or>aircraft. You will have also seen Google Earth references in>scenery reviews or personal aircraft pictures in aircraft>reviews. As long a copyright credit is given where credit is>due, linking to other websites is fine.>In the case of airliners.net I don't think simple credit is good enough to avoid copyright problems. From their site.You have limited rights to personally view the images with your web browser and to use them as your personal computer wallpaper (or background image) on your own computer. These photos may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed, cropped, resized, or otherwise altered without the written permission of the photographer. No commercial use of these photos may be made in any way. All rights are reserved.You may not use these photos on any web page, commercial or non-commercial, for profit or non-profit, without written permission from the photographer. You may however link to the photos in the manner described below.Then it goes on to demonstrate the proper way to link to a photo. Which opens up a new airliners.net window!See full terms herehttp://www.airliners.net/usephotos/

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks Tom,I'll ensure that reviewers use these correct procedures within their reviews when referring to airliners.net material.