Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

CS 757 review is now in error

Dear Avsim,Do to recent changes in Captain Sim's decision to make Blocks D & F specifically not free upgrades for FSX, your current review is now in error and may cause potential customers to think they will get the whole 757

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks for this update Steve.I'll go back to CS and find out exactly what the scoop is. Unfortunately, the reviewer wrote his review based on what he had at the time the product was released to him, as well as the "current" upgrade/update info.Many product change after a review has been written and I expect to see more of this as developers work on FS-X updates. I'm hoping that they will provide us with these updates and then we can revisit the same product for the newer version of FS.

>Thanks for this update Steve.>>I'll go back to CS and find out exactly what the scoop is. >Unfortunately, the reviewer wrote his review based on what he>had at the time the product was released to him, as well as>the "current" upgrade/update info.>>Many product change after a review has been written and I>expect to see more of this as developers work on FS-X updates.>I'm hoping that they will provide us with these updates and>then we can revisit the same product for the newer version of>FS.>>Thanks Robert.I know that many simmers just want a straight answer in this matter and want to be treated fairly by a company who's recieved money from them with the expectation of finishing the products they marketed way back in Feb.As far as current upgrade/update info, I wish you sincere luck in obtaining that info. If CS is reluctant or just flat-out refuses to offer an update on Blocks D & F, and even hints that the product is still months away from beta, then this should be included in your updated review so customers thinking about purchasing the product will understand that.Especially given the fact that they've seemed to have dragged this development out just long enough to get thier other blocks converted to FSX, so blocks D & F wouldn't technically be upgrades but new products for both FS9 and FSX. One can't help but wonder if this was done intentionally to charge for both versions of what will most likely be the most expensive Block(s) to date. Again, while CS thinks its safer to say nothing, it only leaves the community to "Speculate" about thier intentions, and that's far worse than just getting the real facts out on the table and dealing with them as a responsible business entity.I hope you can get them to see this, and maybe they'll respond to the Avsim review staff better than they have to their customers....after all, they should realize the impact your reviews have on their sales. :)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guys....I normaly try to keep "Laundry Seperated"!But this is one case were it seems to have a very sad chain of events that continue....In the thread...http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?nu...43804;start=allThey continue to threaten to "Ban Licensed Customers" for continuing to ask about the 757 D-F status. As they post in the above thread,if fits in with the CS code of conduct it is left alone....But if is a direct unaswered question..."Censored!" Sometimes within minutes of posting.The funny thing is they said they would be out of the "Office"...Over New Years...Until the 3rd of January...They couldnt' answer/help people with questions or problems...But could take the time to "Edit" the above thread?At this point....I wouldnt' purchase another thing from CS!...Period!Not even the 757 upgrade if ever rears it's ugly head!I have talked several friends out purchasing anything,to include the Shuttle, from CS!Too many other "Payware Companies" out there that bend over backwards to keep people happy and coming back to buy. Who will get my money rather than waste time with false promise and being treated like dirt!Sorry....Jeff

Your link leads to an August forum posting, so I cant comment on what you're trying to "air".However, I will mention to my marketing contact at Capt Sim, that AVSIM readers are unhappy with the treatment received when posting to the forum. Esepcially if you are getting an "out of office" auto-reply.

In defence of this review, which I thought was highly partial, the reviewer only said that upgrades to FSX would be free. Apparently this was for a limited period only, and does not guarantee full functionality in FSX either (some upgrade!). Capt Sim are entitled to restrict such free offers, especially as this was mentioned on their website from the outset. However, the reviewer should have mentioned the time restriction.Nobody ever said that blocks D and F would be free for anyone, either for FS9 or FSX, and who in their right mind would have thought they would be, as they will add significant extra functionality when finally released.My main criticism of the review (giving Capt Sim an Avsim Gold Award for an incomplete product, based on future promises) still stands. Nobody should buy a product on the basis of a review only, nor should anyone expect Avsim to retrospectively update reviews as a product changes. You should certainly check the sellers forums and website first. I sincerely hope Capt Sim never repeats the block release fiasco. At worst it was a very cynical ploy to lock buyers in to an incomplete product. I'm glad I waited for the PSS 757 to be released before deciding which 757 to buy.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg