Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

Yak 40 Review

Only a minor criticism and I may have missed his point, but at least twice in his review the author states that the Yak 40 is unique among tri-jets in having centre engine thrust reverse.Last time I looked the 727, L1011, DC-10 and MD11 all had this feature. Not Russian, not regional jets, but all tri-jets just the same.If reviewers are going to give some historical background please keep it accurate.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

>Only a minor criticism and I may have missed his point, but>at least twice in his review the author states that the Yak 40>is unique among tri-jets in having centre engine thrust>reverse.>>Last time I looked the 727, L1011, DC-10 and MD11 all had this>feature. Not Russian, not regional jets, but all tri-jets>just the same.>>If reviewers are going to give some historical background>please keep it accurate.>>KevinI think he meant that only the centre engine has a reverser - though I may well be wrong on that.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest davidvoogd

727 centre engine doesn't have a reverser afaik

Unlikely as the comment was followed by a statement about the short landing distance i.e. it has lots of stopping power........

Cheers

Paul Golding

>Unlikely as the comment was followed by a statement about the>short landing distance i.e. it has lots of stopping>power........Have a look at this though http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1168847/M/I think there's just the one reverser on the central engine.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>727 centre engine doesn't have a reverser afaikSure they do - I just saw one on airliners.net I would post a link, but I've never bothered with their linking policies.

Guest mikealpha

>> but all tri-jets just the sameNo, not all the same. E.g the Tu-154 centre engine does not provide reverse thrust.Mike

Some 727 do have reverse for center engine... some others don't. And the Yak-40 only have reverse for the center engine.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest cjdunk

The original 727s have no center thrust reversers. The updated 727-200ADV with their newer engines have reversers on all 3. I hope I cleared up some confusion ;)