Sign in to follow this  
thefrog

FSD Seneca V version 2 review

Good review but I would very much like to have had a screenshot and some more comments on the vc. Also how does version 2 differ from version 1 which is what I have got - in other words is it worth upgrading to version 2 if you have got version 1?Frog

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Guest avolcek

Thank you. Especially when reviewing, I have to get out of the habit of looking primarily at the 2D because that is what I love to fly with, and haven't converted over to the 3D. So sometimes the focus is not where it should be and both panels don't get equal share.As for differences between the two, I should have mentioned that differences between V1 and V2 were not part of the review, though could have been included. I personally had V1 for FS9, but haven't installed it into FSX, if its possible. Since I've got FS9 still I fly with it with my "old" aircraft, unless something new comes out, primarily for FSX, then I'll fly with it.To better answer that question, strictly on a personal level, not part of AVSIM, I installed the Seneca V1 into FS9 again. One of the biggest additions is that of the Avidyne system, you don't get it in V1. I find that the 2D is less "accurate" when it comes to instrument layout, mostly because of missing instruments rather than moved instruments. The V1 3D doesn't seem have the resolution than that of V2.As for if it's worth upgrading, that is for you to decide, I can't really personally say whether I'd upgrade or not. V2 is worth every penny if you've got it. I'd say if you like light twins, then yes upgrade, if your system will run FSX. I am really holding off till they get FSX performance up a bit with service packs, since I feel that my computer should do better than what it is right now, before I start shelling out money for FSX stuff.Adam Christopher VolcekAVSIM Staff Revieweravolcek@avsim.com

Guest Shalomar

Since you love 2D panels so much, you can be forgiven for not noticing the heading bug in the FSX VC. When I mouse over it, it changes from a hand to an arrow rapidly and the bug does not respond to movement. FSD advised me to move the eyepoint forward or backward; then said I was the only one with this problem. As several posts on their forum and replies to my thread in the FSX forum testify, I am not the only one with this problem.There are two ways to work around it- Press SHIFT-1 to use the 2D panel momentarily to change the heading bug, or only use altitude hold mode on the autopilot. FSD separates the modes unlike the default autopilot so your joystick still functions for roll control.This problem only occurs in the FSX VC, the FS9 version works great.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.