Sign in to follow this  
georgetyrrell

BAC 1-11 David Maltby

Just reading the new review of this fine aircraft, surprised that it wasn't done before this, I always wonder just many people over the pond actually have it? Its an appropriate and accurate review by the author, without the usually crass 'what I do like, what I don't like' at the end. In my opinion there is nothing not to like about this aircraft or indeed the designer. A truly gifted individual is Mr Maltby and we're very lucky for the choice of payware quality freeware in this community. I would have paid for this package and I would have been happy for the quality.My 10 euro worthGeorge Tyrrell

>Just reading the new review of this fine aircraft, surprised>that it wasn't done before this, I always wonder just many>people over the pond actually have it? Its an appropriate and>accurate review by the author, without the usually crass 'what>I do like, what I don't like' at the end. In my opinion there>is nothing not to like about this aircraft or indeed the>designer. A truly gifted individual is Mr Maltby and we're>very lucky for the choice of payware quality freeware in this>community. I would have paid for this package and I would have>been happy for the quality.>My 10 euro worth>George TyrrellAgreed!To anyone who hasn't tried this aircraft, and the Trident 3, what are you waiting for? :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest CharlesHM

I agree, what a great package and thanks to David for making it Its a wonderful plane to fly and the panel and sounds are fantastic.Thanks again to David for all of his hard work.Charles Huckelbery

Yes, just to point that in fact his Trident package is as sophisticated as the BAC 1-11, I have never tried his VC-10 or the Comet but every review I have read states that the standard is the same. My simming revolves around my AtR for my VA flying, but every other trip I make is flown in the Trident or the BAC 1-11. Also for those who are not aware, David Maltby is credited in Rick Piper's Hawker Siddely 748, an equally pleasing package that has too many liveries to mention. VC frame rates in this too are better than default. I don't think that I could get as much pleasure from other payware offerings, I guess its just that I'm into old British aircraft and this is why I'm lucky, if David Maltby's expertise was solely in rotors then I'd be lost!George Tyrrell

I realy love the new freeware reviews. There is a lot of great freeware that is as good as (or in some cases even beter then) payware.Its about time we focused on this great part of the hobby. I know we already did this in the past with the great Steve (Bear) Cartwright reviews. I hope there are lot of new freeware reviews in the making!The David Maltby stuff is great. High quality and unbeatable at this price :-)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Yes, there are more freeware reviews coming....as a matter of fact, there should be a bulk monthly freeware review coming out starting this month.I'm glad that you appreciate these fine pieces of work which deserve as much recognition as the pareware products do.