Sign in to follow this  
Wilson

AudioFX Pro 5+1 Headset question

Just read the review for this latest version. I have a question that I thought would be addressed in the review, but wasn't.I have read numerous times that usb headphones were taboo for us flight simmers because of the resources they consume. That is, as opposed to headphones plugged into a soundcard.I would be interested in knowing if there was any loss of performance or stuttering as a result of using this usb headset. If not, maybe it is time to throw away that soundcard (just kidding). Also, does using a usb headset like this mean that you need to disable the soundcard?Thanks for taking the time to write this review, much appreciated.Wilson

Hi Wilson,No I had no noticable loss of performance. Considering that you're flight controls all work thru USB connections, I'm surprised that this information is still going around.I'm using a 4-port USB hub plugged into the back my PC to run my CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Rudder Pedals. I have my headset plugged into the front USB port.I have my speakers plugged into my 5.1 surround card and the headset in the USB port and I now have "inside" and "outside" sounds....now if I could only get my chair to crank and bank.

>>I have my speakers plugged into my 5.1 surround card and the>headset in the USB port and I now have "inside" and "outside">sounds....now if I could only get my chair to crank and bank.>Not wishing to hijack the thread but you've just hinted at exactly what I was about to ask in the hardware forum...You say "inside" and "outside" sounds... could you explain a little more about how you set that up? So far I was only able to get sound to come out of one or other device (AudioFX Pro or Soundblaster X-Fi). If you're saying it is possible in FS9 (NOT FSX yet) to have different sound profiles for two different devices at the same time I would be a very happy man indeed! If it really is possible then please tell me more :)Geoff