Sign in to follow this  
Guest roystondh

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke & Throttle System

Guest roystondh

I am in the forturnate position that I have one of these on order and the first delivery to the UK is due in the next few days.At long last CH products have somebody to compete against, competition always being good.I've read some favourable reviews elseware but not written from the point of view of a flight Sim specailist. Any chance of a review shortly?I am happy to put a mini review together when mine turns up.ThanksRoy Hinds - UK

I'm anxious to see your review. I hope you can tell us if it needs additional tuning particularly in regard to reverse thrust. I am putting of buying FSUIPC to see if Saitek has a solution for their Throttle adjustments.

Guest roystondh

>I'm anxious to see your review. I hope you can tell us if it>needs additional tuning particularly in regard to reverse>thrust. I am putting of buying FSUIPC to see if Saitek has a>solution for their Throttle adjustments.I have now posted a reader's review forum section. The "tuning" that I had to do was in the flight Simulators sensitivity settings for joysticks etc, as the default sensitivities and null zones where not right for me.

Guest roystondh

>I want to inform that a lot of people are getting random>buttom problem and in the saitek forum there is big flame for>a lot of defective Yoke. >If any one have problem please write the shop and the serial>number so this thred will help to figure out how many we are.>Thank you>>http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?p=61356#post61356Having initially been very satisfied with the unit I am experiencing an increasing number of totally random button presses, to the point where it's actually making flying difficult / impossible.It is quite clear from Saitek's forum that a number of defective units are circulation with defective units turning up from the West Coast of the USA to Poland. Saitek say it's a small number - I'd suggest you look at the forum's and make your own judgement call.One customer has posted images of the internal soldering - if you review these it is likely to influence your purchase decision.I am contacting my supplier with a view to returning the unit for a full refund and delaying any re-purchase until it is clear from the customer forums that the issues have been resolved.

Hi Roy,We haven't received anything from Saitek yet. Hopefully they will give us a sample set at our Conference and Exhibition in Seattle.In the meantime, if you would like to send me a mini-review about the products you receive, I'd be more than willing to post it for the fans to read.

I have just received mine and it spent the total of one hour out of the box. Already packed up to be sent back as faulty. One minute in the cockpit next outside then the tower etc. I will put it down as teething pains with the design for now...I have used Saitek controllers before and have been quite satisfied with them. We will see how Saitek addresses this issue.

Guest dfoulk

Was this on Windows?I got a couple of the throttle quads, and I had a terrible time with them trying to use their software. In fact, I had requested a rma on them for a refund, but after I got rid of Saitek's software, and just calibrated them under winxp, they worked fine.Just my experience with the throttles. Don't have the yoke.Den

I have the yoke/throttle and one of the addon throttles. I have not used the programming software and disabled all controls in FSX and and FS9 with the exception of the hat switch. I have all button and axis assignment assigned and calibrated through FSUIPC. I have had no problems except for the LCD timer / clock that is weak and flickers. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't - the display that is. I am too lazy to deal with this right now.The build quality of the controls seems much better than the CH and the controls are much more precise. The yoke is a bit stiff but I can deal with that. The hat switch is on the other side than the CH yoke but I am getting used to that too.I like this setup MUCH more than the CH setup - I had the yoke / throttle as well. I also used to use their rudder setup but have the Saitek here as well. My throttle setup is the far left throttle used as the spoiler, the middle 4 as throttles, and the far right as flaps. This works well. I still use my CH throttle set for switches as well as prop and mixture controls.Overall I am pretty happy with the exception of the display thing.Regards, David