Sign in to follow this  
Noel

FS2002 and the Radeon 9700Pro

Guest alanrco

I've searched the forum but couldn't find an answer so forgive me if this has been covered...I've just replaced (upgraded?) my Geforce 3 with the 9700Pro.Although the AA and anisotropic filtering is great why does the textures on building at airports take so long to appear (up to 20seconds at Manchester, UK for instance - which is like, forever!)Also even with no AA and anis. I've had to turn the graphics detail down to get the same FR as the Geforce.I've tried:1. changing AGP aperture in the BIOS with no difference2. made sure that in dxdiag AGP texture acceleration is enabled (after card install this was set to disabled by default - how is one supposed to know that!!!)2. Change FS2002 display options from bilinear to trilinear which gave (surprisingly) a big improvementBut it's still a problemSystemP4 1.8Ghz512Mb ramIntel 850GB moboCrucial Radeon 9700Pro

Guest Rob

You might want to try uninstalling any trace of nVidia software. Then try the latest ATI drivers from here: http://www.guru3d.com. Don't dismiss the BETA's .. they're usually good.

Guest alanrco

>You might want to try uninstalling any trace of nVidia >software. Then try the latest ATI drivers from here: >http://www.guru3d.com. Don't dismiss the BETA's .. they're >usually good. Thanks Rob, but not the problem. I use Detonator Destroyer to remove all Nvidia drivers and I'm using the ATI Catylist 3.1 drivers (the lates I think)

Have you tried backing up your fs2002.cfg file and then removing it? Sometimes that will fix graphics problems.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Are in "dxdiag":- DirectDraw, - Direct3D,- AGP,all enabled?

Guest alanrco

>There is really only one fix: Format and reinstall your >operating system, only way to stop such issues. Hey John that's a bit extreme. No wonder consoles are so popular :)BTW I've discovered an easier way, RR (return/refund)I'll go back to my trusty GeForce3Okay so AA is out the window but better than blocky non-textured buildings and a 20 second wait to get textures back on my 3D cockpit.

Guest Mike94

I'm sure there was something wrong in your setup.The Radeon 9700-pro works perfect here with FS2002, with AA and Aniso. turned on, which has almost no impact on the performance.-Michael

>I'm sure there was something wrong in your setup. >The Radeon 9700-pro works perfect here with FS2002, with AA >and Aniso. turned on, which has almost no impact on the >performance. >>-Michael Same here. There is something wrong with either you setup or possibly a defective card?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Actually, I believe the guys at ATI recommended a format and re-install of your OS on their forums.:(This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical of the 9700 Pro.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Mike94

Thats really not necessary to reinstall the OS.I replaced my geForce2 with the 9700-pro, and i had no problems at all, works like a charm (Win XP).Cheers,Michael

Guest Bigshot

________________________________________________________This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical of the 9700 Pro________________________________________________________I would think that would be a reason to be skeptical of Nvidia. After all, it's their unwillingness to enable their users an easy uninstall routine that causes many of the problems. Why Nvidia decides to leave some of their driver garbage on your harddrive even after a complete uninstall is of concern to me. ATI driver uninstall routines work. That's why when folks go from ATI to Nvidia, they usually have no problems. Going from Nvidia to ATI can cause grief because that's what Nvidia wants. I'm convinced of that. IMHO, of course!

"After all, it's their unwillingness to enable their users an easy uninstall routine that causes many of the problems. Why Nvidia decides to leave some of their driver garbage on your harddrive even after a complete uninstall is of concern to me."Nvidia has the EASIEST uninstall process I have ever seen! It only takes about 2 min.If you use XP or Win2000 it is so simple you could probably do it blindfolded. Not ALL Nvidia drivers create an Nvidia folder. Those that do...no big deal. After you restart, and before you install the new ones, just delete the folder.If you are still worried about left ove files, download Regcleaner, and delete all the files with Nvidia in their name. Simple!! :) :)Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Bigshot

I don't think you understood what I said. Uninstalling is simple on any video driver unless that uninstall doesn't remove all the files. Nvidia's uninstall routine doesn't remove all the files. Hence, the reason third parties have developed work arounds like Det Destroyer, etc. For the simple reason that Nvidia refuses to do it right in the first place. Probably because of limitations imposed on their tech department by their "dirty tricks department". Again, IMHO.

Actually, with Win2000 and (XP I believe), you only have to use the Add/Remove function of Windows.And all the files are gone.I have NEVER had any left over files using Win2000.Of course I would expect to have problems if I was using crap software like WinME or Win98. Hence the reason to have Det. Destroyer. Det. Destroyer was made for these two operating systems. I believe your "hate" for Nvidia is misguided. It isn't the drivers that have an issue, it is the OS.If it was the drivers, you would have the same issue in Win2000 Pro and XP, and you do not.Shane

Ark