Sign in to follow this  
Guest roystondh

Clarification of support intentions for Wilco Airbus

Guest roystondh

Thank you Avsim for recently publishing another review on the Wilco Airbus Series.However both Airbus Vol 1 and Vol 2 like most complex software products have bugs and issues which need resolution.I have asked a number of times on the Developers forum (Feelthere) to clarify what bugs they still acknowlege to exist and what they intend to do about them.Each time I or other posters are refered to Wilco the publisher who also are unwilling ever to pass comment.Can I therefore ask either a representative from Wilco or Feelthere to actually state what there intentions are.At the moment I can only conclude they are a "hit and run" organisation - once the product hits the streets everybody runs off in the direction of the next productRoy Hinds

Guest Pro-Sim

Now I really enjoy both the feelThere Airbus Series 1 and 2 (notwithstanding all the issues with the disappointing MCDU), however, I really think feelThere have shot themselves in the foot when they stopped offering any support on their web-site. Happy to collect the $

Guest dpiedrahita

Is there somewhere good, like a thread or forum, where I can see what all these "bugs" are? I've been looking into the Wilco Airbus series since it really does seem like a nice value, but all I hear is mediocre to bad feedback. I see a lot of "It's a decent/fun/ok plane to fly, but..." I'd really like to see what some of these bugs are to decide whether for myself if they're important or not.

Have the boxed version of the WILCO A380, however I have a CTD every time I use the Singapore Airline. If I start the FS2004 with this texture the screen freezes at 0%, if I change from another texture to SIA the CTD occurs very quickly.I am very highly irrritated with Wilco, as there is still no answer from them to my e-mails, support forms, fax & voicemail after a long search on internet for a telephone number. Have been trying for more than three weeks now.Has anyone else had so much trouble contacting them.Paid nearly 40 Euro's for the A380 boxed version. and when you have a problem they do not answer. As soon as the money has been payed thats it.The customer service department are words which Wilco do not seem to know, unlike for example Aerosoft who are always quick and polite in answering my questions when I telephone or send an e-mail.All I want is what I payed for which includes a Singapore Airlines texture which does not gives me a CTD.I have the Wilco A380 installed in Fs2004 and not FSX

>Have the boxed version of the WILCO A380,just to keep the record clear - the A380 offered by wilco has no connection with feelThere.feelThere developed the Airbus: A318, 319, ACJ, A320, A321, A330, MRTT, and A340>feelThere ... Happy to collect the $

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Pro-Sim

>>feelThere ... Happy to collect the $

That's going a bit far. It was overly strong criticism like this which helped close down the support forum. FeelThere had been providing tech support before that, in a friendly and supportive way. How would you feel if someone heavily criticised your work in such a way? My regret is that feelThere chose to withdraw support when one or two updates would have cured the remaining serious bugs.Certainly Scoob's support for feelThere here is on a technicality, and I note he's not been back to further defend the point.FeelThere did a reasonable job of creating FSX versions of Airbus Vol 1 & 2. They were missing implementation of some FSX features but OK apart from that. Their FSX ports of older products, designed for FS2004 only, may not work that well but at least they have made an attempt to make their products compatible with FSX. Some others haven't.Wilco seem to have moved into the quantity rather than quality simulation market. There is a large market for lightweight products like theirs, so who can blame them. What they must do is make sure that what they offer for sale actually works, and fix bugs properly rather than deny faults exist. In at least one case they "fixed" a problem by re-writing a part of the manual (which had described correct aircraft operation) by a description of the incorrect sim behaviour. Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Mendota

Just to add some balance to this thread. It seems like I have owned every payware aircraft ever made at one time or another. (Note, I said seems like, not have, but you can read that as many, many.) I can't remember one that didn't have issues.Presently, I own Wilco's 737, both volumes of their Airbus, and just purchased the E-Jet. I also own the PMDG MD-11 and the Leonardo Maddog, as well as the A2A Stratocruiser. Previously, I have owned every other PMDG airplane, RFP 747 (which is still probably my favorite of all time, oh man, I loved that beast), Iron Knuckles DC-9 (aother beloved old friend; I did an Alitalia repaint that is still in the Avsim library with over 1800 downloads). ATR... oh, and who can forget the Dreamfleet 737? I was out of simming for awhile, and am re-building my libary in FSX. Oh, and you can add a bunch of PSS airplanes. I liked them, too, but don't remember them being superior to Wilco/Feelthere.The point is, I am enjoying the airplanes I buy from Wilco every bit as much. Trick 'em out with FS2Crew or, for 737, Call, throw in Radar Contact, and you have a handful of fun. And don't forget the 737 mission pack. I'd like to see more of that kind of thing.Wilco seems to be the company it is fashionable to criticize. Kind of like Captain Sim was (is?) but perhaps with less justification. Man, I loved their 727 (also the later Dreamfleet version). But the groupthink on these boards gets me sometimes. PMDG=beyond criticism / Wilco=everyone pile on. Well, the fact is I have a heck of a lot of fun with both, and neither one is perfect. Does PMDG get a technical edge? Yeah. Does that make Wilco bad? I don't think so. I like Wilco products. I think the 737 is challenging and enjoyable, and it looks good to me. I like the Airbusses, and they give me a wide range of airplanes to use on short-to-medium routes to very long ones, and I don't have to learn a half dozen completely different airplanes. And I have had my E-Jet for one day and about the only thing I can complain about is the small size of panel elements on my laptop. Hardly Wilco/Feelthere's fault. And I'm running it in FSX, on a MacBook Pro lol. Yet the Avsim review as much as said it is unreviewable in FSX. I dunno. Maybe there have been major fixes since that review was written.If people read all the negative stuff in the forums about this company, they might miss out on some very nice airplanes to fly. Holy cow, was there any airplane that had more issues than the much-vaunted Maddog? Don't get me wrong, I love it. The first iteration was my very first payware purchase. It came in a box, with an actual binder containing the manual pages. I has aged very well. But nine times out of ten, it is a Wilco product that I choose to fly. And every time I get a kick out of the way it looks, it does what it is supposed to do (when I learn how to fly it), and I never get a CTD or any other problem. Purchasing is about as simple as it can get, too.When I have had a question, I have gotten prompt support through direct email and on the support forum. It is often Scoob, but what of it? He knows what he's talking about.I just don't get the criticism. Honestly. Lay off my Wilco birds ;-) They make me happy.Tim Capps