Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

Which weather is best??

Hello All!I have been thinking about purchasing a weather generation program, and I thought I would consult with the "experts" before making a move. I have checked out FSMeteo, Weather Center, and Active Sky, and with the exception of a few features here and there, they all seem to do about the same thing. Does anybody have a favorite, or can anyone recommend one of these? I have used the built-in "real-world-weather" feature in FS2002, but have not always been pleased with the results. Do these programs work any better? Thanks!Paul Bakeman

I prefer the one at Calibersoftware.com. This is called Weather Maker 1.4. It is the best I have seen and real easy to use. Couple this with FS Sky clouds and it is amazing. The best part about it, is it is free. You can enter what the current weather is at a particular area and it will closly mimick what is actually taking place. Pretty cool stuff.

Guest Stompy

I like FSMeteo. Easy to use, nice features, good price.

I would get ActiveSky wxRE fsmeteo is overpriced for me anyway.

Phil:I'll second the vote for FS Meteo. It's payware, but you don't have to enter anything, it's done automatically and updated every 2-6 minutes. On complicated weather days with multiple cloud layers and multiple layers of winds aloft (the way it really is in the real world) entering this info in each time would be a time-consuming pain. I'd rather be flying.http://mostrealisticai.projectai.com/images/northwest.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Phil,A third for FSMeteo. Marc has had this program running for a couple of years now--and it is stable. Works a charm in a dependable way. Worldwide coverage, winds aloft, good cloud transitions. And it runs consistently well.No complaint about anyone else--love to see the innnovations and the state of the art is constantly improving. But Marc has been a steadfast contributor and deserves our kudos.Good payware.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest dogknot

ActiveSky wxRE Superior product at a modest price. Depicts real weather cloud layers, fog and other visibilty issues, winds (ground and upper layer), turbulence, wakes, smooth transitioning, regular TAF and METAR updates, winds lock for ATC approaches, online or offline use. Many more features too, plus more coming soon. Tough to pass up for $14.95 (U.S.)

try also GetWeather - maybe not as precise as those mentioned here before but it does on line and offline weather and for great price - freeand as weather generator try WeatherMaker Lite also for good price - free

Guest Jack

ActiveSky wxRE! Easy to use and with features like wake turbulence that no one else has. It simply transforms your weather world, and has more features coming soon. It is well worth the small investment! JackD

PaulI'll keep this short and just say:FSMeteo is the way to go!Simple to use,stable and realistic(and doesn't hit the frame rate)Have fun Grahame EDHL

I have Active Sky as well, but of all the opinions we have received so far, how many folks have tried and compared both Active Sky and FSmeteo?Tony