Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

Already have FSLandclass, worthy to buy FSScene?

Hi All,The FSScene has a discount now for their packages. I already use FSLandclass together with NL-2000 for my Dutch flights. Is it worthwhile to buy FSScene as well? Or would FSClandclass be sufficient. An other option is also Terrascene from Lago.I would appreciate some recommendations.I mostly fly IFR flights in Europe (DF737, PSS/Posky 747).Thanks in advance for your help!Edited:Most interesting to me would be some 'real'looking Alps or other mountains not those defaults from Flightsim. This also includes the mountains in Asia especially Hong Kong.

Guest gasebah

Ferry,one has nothing to do with the other.Landclass provides informtion to the sim as to where to place its textures, e.g.: where is a city located, where are woods etc..FSScene is an alternate texture set. However I bought FSScene for Europe once and I was not impressed at all. It is much better idea to get Lennart Arvidsson's replacement textures for Europe. They are a lot better and they are free. Just look for Lennart at fsnordic.com..Together with ur landclass file it is also possibleto have those textures exclusively in europe while not touching the rest of the world.Alex

The ideal combo for Europe is Lago Terramesh, FSLandclass Europe and FScene Europe.

Thanks for your information! I am downloading lennart textures at the moment. When I am in Hoofddorp I will visit the luchtvaart hobbyshop to buy the Terramesh. Thanks!