Sign in to follow this  
Capt Mac

msfs performance

I've been an avid flt sim enthusiest for a long time.I have every flightsim that has come out on the market. Like everyone else I have been constantly trying to keep my computer up with the growth of new sims and third party addons. I had a 1mhz dell with a nvidea G4 video card and although msfs worked well, some third party software did not run full up, and you know, we all what to run full up!I have been watching some of the tech. pros on this forum discuss what they would do to build a dream machine so recently I decided to take some of their advise to move up and put together my own dream machine and it is a true dream. I'm getting frame rates no lower then the upper 20fps on the ground to 70 to 100 in the air with everything turned up on high, and not with standing softeware design problems, flight with a smooth operation. This hobby of mine has taken a new turn upward for me. It appears that all the tweaking in the world can not make up for a properly built machine and believe me I have done some serious tweaking. My wife says I should be given a degree in tweaking. Since this is a fltsim discussion forum I won't post all the details here but if you were in the same spot I was with our hobby drop me a email and I will give you the specs on what I did and what it cost me.Capt.Macdonm_888@msn.com