Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread 2

HiI will try to give ATC over Azores on VATSIM. I will watch the race to see if I can be online. Be prepared for oceanic control.Jos

lolDon't want to have both forums disqualified :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

That would be grand. Currently working on a route proposal, which I'll try to keep updated as flights progress.Nothing set in stone, but should at least give a direction to follow :)

A proposal, try this route:Toutch Africa in Egypt or something like that. Go North to Italy, Spain, Portugal, Flores in Azores, St. John in Canada. I think AVSIM can skip a lot of miles with this route. Try this site: www.satavirual.org and see the aloft predictions and don't forget that we are talking of more that 1000NM legs.Jos

I'm working on the route to completion now. Planned into Brazil already.

Guest Matt Johnson

AVSIM still needs to hit Oceania, Europe, Africa and South America.FS.Com still needs to hit Oceania and South America.See http://www.avsim.com/~mattj/map/Depending on what mood the umpire is in, both may need to touch Antarctica. :)Personally I suspect the FS.Com team may have a problem... I don't think there's anything even approaching a 2 hour hop to get them from Oceania back to South America. The South Pacific is a real big body of water...--M

We have to hit South America as well. Going to cross from Africa into Brazil and up through the Bahamas.Seems the best option.Proposed route added. Anyone feel free to make deviations as long as the general direction is maintained.This seems to be the best option to take.

Route I've planned has a single long leg (needed to cross the Atlantic to Brazil). That one could take 6-7 hours, all the others 2-3 (maybe 4 at most for a few, and those could be juggled to make shorter legs).

Sounds great. After the pond, you might want to look at either SBTU-SYCJ-TAPA-MYMM-KJAX-KORF-KBOS or SBTU-SYCJ-TAPA-MYMM-TXKF-KBOS. The Bermuda leg will "cut the corner" off the triangle, might buy us some time if we're close at the end.GeraldKMLB

plan cuts directly north from the Bahamas to Myrtle Beach and then to Boston in just 2 legs of about 600nm each.

For whoever is taking the baton from me, I am currently about 205nm out, with an ETA of approximately 47 minutes.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Hey, I'm totally new to this. But I've been watching the threads. I really wanna fly a leg in my P-38. It would take me a little time to get up to 15 or 20 thousand feet, but fuel economy's so much better up there. Someone, anyone who has their head on about this (unlike me) please let me know when the next leg will be available.