Sign in to follow this  
michal

Meridian's been out a little while - what do you think?

Guest Staalplaat

Dave, a small suggestion maybe for controlling the "eyebrows" with the shift-1,2,.... keystrokes: open the panel config. with notepad and scroll down to the entries for the eyebrows. Now look for a line "no menu=1" and replace the "1" with a "0". This enables the keystrokes. The only thing left to do know is alter the way the views are listed in thepanel .cfg. Look at my exemple below, it is altered so that shift+2 and shft+3 opens the left- and right eyebrows.Window02Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=140,155window_size_ratio=1.000 position=2visible=0ident=COMPASS_PANELgauge00=FLT1PIPERM!CAP, 0,0,140,155gauge01=FLT1PIPERM!WICL, 124,0,16,16,75Window03file=FLIGHT1_MERIDIAN_OVRLEFT.bmp size_mm=1024window_size_ratio=1.000 position=1visible=0ident=OVERHEAD_PANELnomenu=0gauge00=FLT1PIPERM!OVRL, 9,46,520,181gauge01=FLT1PIPERM!OVRC, 582,52,185,186gauge02=FLT1PIPERM!OVRR, 819,43,535,181gauge03=FLT1PIPERM!WICL, 0,0,16,15,250gauge04=FLT1PIPERM!OVRI, 1003,0,19,18gauge05=FLT1PIPERM!OVRIM, 1003,30,20,230Window04file=FLIGHT1_MERIDIAN_OVRRIGHT.bmp size_mm=1024window_size_ratio=1.000 position=1visible=0ident=251nomenu=0gauge00=FLT1PIPERM!OVRL, -352,46,520,181gauge01=FLT1PIPERM!OVRC, 223,50,185,186gauge02=FLT1PIPERM!OVRR, 459,45,535,181gauge03=FLT1PIPERM!WICL, 0,0,16,16,251gauge04=FLT1PIPERM!OVLE, 1003,0,19,18gauge05=FLT1PIPERM!OVLEM, 0,30,20,230Notice that I altered the way the diff. panelitems are listed: the compass for example is window no.2 in mypanel.cfg where it is no.9 in the original. With altering this order you can assign the shift+... keystrokes. Only drawback is the "mouse flipover" doesn't work anymore.And the Meridian? BEST GA plane I ever flown. People, get your hands on one, your FS flying experience will never be the same again! LOVE this baby!!!Lennart

I'm not a pilot (only virtual - now using FS2K2 and Fly!/Fly!2KFly! 2 in the past).But, for the price, there is SO, SO much to read, digest, learn,apply, and then enjoy with this product. I've used it for perhaps2-3 hours (the tutorial flight is very good). The 214 page Garmin manual has complete details (you'll need to download it from Garmin'sweb site). You don't need to read all this information - Flight 1provides a user guide that contains all you need to operate the aircraft, but there is much more available, if you desire.Again, if you love the fidelity of superb avionics in a GA package,this product is a gem. So much to do, so elegant to fly - and I'm learning new techniques!My best valued purchase to date !!JerryG

Lennart, Thanks for the tip on the overhead panels! I didn't do exactly what you did, but the point is that now I can get to them more quickly.One minor nit is that I wish they had put the overhead panel into a single bitmap. I wouldn't mind having it a bit smaller if that could be accomplished.dB.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest SoarPics

Well... I got the Garmin Trainer Test to work without problems on my 98SE system here, so I'll probably buy the Meridian in the next few days and give it a go.

Hi,Just thought I'd recommend something to those that have Windows ME/98.The readme explains this, but it might be missed,:be sure to reboot your computer before you start flightsim - then load the Meridian, otherwise,lets say you already closed flightsim, and you've left on your PC, then you restart flightsim - this will likely cause the Meridian to lockup when loading. Just remember, anytime you want to load the Meridian, first make sure you've started flightsim from a fresh reboot. This has been reliable for me(Windows ME).Paul

I'm gonna bump this because I want to read.....and this may take a while! LOLShane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Miro Majcen

AVSIM is working on a review of this package. It should be ready and posted very soon...MiroMiro MajcenSenior Managing EditorAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Maybe you should wait for version 1.1 due shortly before publishing the review.Michael J.