Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Wilco Airbus...I'm not pleased

Did a default install. Upon reboot, A/C reports no 2d panel. No throttle. No fun.I've purchased about 100+ add-ons for FS200X and I've never had this problem. Should not be this hard.The jury is out.bt

There is no 2D panel Braun. That fact alone will probably keep me from buying it. I don't think one can do any serious "flying" the way they have that VC set up (or any VC for that matter). I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts after you've had a chance to try it for a while.Trip

Guest Scoobe

Bought it tonight. A very ambishious project. Maybe a little be too much so. I like the idea behind it. However, I don't think too many hardcore simmers will be too pleased with it. I like the VC myself. I tend to only download or purchase planes that have them. This one does not look nearly as lifelike as say, the capt sim 727 VC, but its not bad and the clickable switches work well for me. You have to zoom in on panels to see them clearly which will turn a lot of people off. The interior views are average. I thought it would be so cool to be able to walk through the entire plane, but I grew board with it after the first time. I don't see much point to it. The exterior graphics are a little better than what I thought from the screen shots, but not as good as Project Airbus. There is a strong learning curve to it, and I need to devote a lot more time to it before passing judgment on it. All in all Im happy with it so far, but not blown away.Rob

100+ for FS2000 & FS2002. Plus, in the heat of the moment, I may have exagerated somewhat? :)I could truly say 50+!Humbly,bt

Guest Steve_Park

I too am an FS2000 and FS2002 "Add-on" junkie...I thought the PSS Airbus had a steep learning curve, but this beast is worse. Main complaint is "NO FS2002 JOYSTICK OR RUDDER SUPPORT"...it is done like at least one other helicopter, with a config file in the main FS2002 folder. I am still playing with setting trying to get my CH Yoke and Pedals to work, but so far only have the side stick axis and spoilers working...rudder and brakes are a no-go. Anyone have a working a320.cfg to work with the USB version of the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke (with three lever's) and Pro Pedals?As far as the VC, you need a scroll mouse to get around and zoom to where you want to look and click...takes some getting used to and not too cool if you are on short final looking for correct flap or spoiler setting in the pedestal.Steve ParkKSDFwww.livewireairlines.com

HI STEVEI have exactly the same setup.... chyoke and pedals usb.the designers are working on an autosetup for all the different joystick,rudder combinations at the moment.until then we're both stuck.funny enough i'm not really an AIRBUS person ,but the active VC looked interesting,so i went and bought it.next time i'll wait for some feedback.the flybywire idea,where you disable the fs2002 joystick and keyboard,means also there is no POV..hope this can be fixed best wishes steve ps spent four hors messing with the A320 cfg file...gave up in the end.

Due to the poor press that Wilco has had in the past and is getting now I will not purchase any of their products. I don't trust them.PSS Airbus series is by far the best and remains the best Airbus for FS2002!It sounds like people should not waist their time and go with the PSS Airbus, which is the best Airbus series out there. Did I say it was the best?