Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

any comments on Flight1 Iron knuckle DC-9?

Guest Marvel

hello, I'm considering to buy the DC-9 from flight1 but I can't find there is a reveiw anywhere on the net. What do you guys think of this product in term of the overall quallity and maybe compair to the CS727. Anyway I've never use any of these 2 product. I like to know about the panel complexity realism and sound, also the flauldity of gameplay.

Guest GLE1344

for panel complexity the CS727 is the way to go. I personally love the Flight1 DC-9 for its ease of use, and the ability to make it more difficult. If you want my suggestion get both. Also- if you are into the rest of the Dc-9 family, VANS aircraft co. just released a Dc-9 package with all memebers, the 10, 20, 30, 40 and 51 series Dc-9. hope this helps:-wave Tyler Johnson

It's excellent.Not as complex maybe as the VMax 747 or (but I haven't seen that) the CS 727, but we're talking a 2 man cockpit here not 3 man.Performance is excellent, visuals stunning.Flight dynamics feel good too.I like it :-rotor

Guest Marvel

tnx for the info, I think I'll go for the DC-9 for its affordable price

Guest cw1011

Andrew Herd has written a very nice review - it's on Flightsim.com and was published about a month or so ago.I love this plane. Just the right level of complexity for me (since I can't get my girlfriend to take on co-pilot duties) and its' perfect for the short hops I like to fly. This is a hand-flying airplane. No VNAV or LNAV - you can use the AP in climb and descent, but the plane is so much fun to fly and handles so well, you probably won't. It also comes over the threshold right on the numbers (I'm using speed cards from a website created by an SAS DC-9 captain) - I'm not sure if Captain Sims has solved the flight model problem their plane has on approach. There are a few minor visual flaws, but they do not take away from the whole package. And you will really feel like you have accomplished something when you fly that first complex STAR, by hand, within parameters, and you grease the landing. It's just not the same as hitting APR or Auto Land and then sitting back to watch the TV show. Colin