Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread #3

Guest Matt Johnson

Go ahead, you have the baton. Give us an ETA for your arrival at Celebes Island... and a destination ICAO code sure would be good, too :-)The other guys are *still* parked at OIMB, and have been for the past six hours! :-)

Guest metamarty

Just took off from RPLL. The only airport I found for celebes Island is WAAS, which is 1000 NM and 4 hours away. Can anyone confirm I have the right destination?

Guest Matt Johnson

Bizarrely PACY and CCZ5 (for the other team) weren't in my list of airports -- so they didn't get plotted. :)The map is generated automatically -- I feed it the list of ICAOs that both teams have passed through, and the script looks up the latitudes and longitudes and draws the map.I got the missing positions now and plugged 'em in, so PACY is now on the map. :-)--M

That's OK. It's in the right direction and from there it's one more long leg to Darwin :-)Had planned RPMD-WAPP and then Darwin but WAAS is good if you're up to it.

Guest Matt Johnson

I'd guess. That is a long haul though... as Jeroen suggests if you want something shorter go to Bangoy (RPMD).4 hours is slightly twice as long as the 2 hour limit though :-)... so Bangoy may be more prudent to keep "in the spirit of the rules".--M

Hi guys,At what time (zulu time please) do you need a fresh pilot?And what is going to be the next dest?I prefer to fly the piper seneca 5 if that is ok with you...Just let me know, ok?See yah!JohanEHAM

Guest metamarty

I found a better one: Im on my way to WAMM in the cessna 421, ETA 22:00Z

MetamartyLet me stand by Matt's suggestion that we take shorter flights when possible. Something more like 2 hours makes sense (in the spirit of the rules), unless we're flying over water of course.How far is Bangoy? What would be the ETA?Matt, can you take over in about 2 hours?We do need someone "at the ready" if Metamarty is going to come down to hand over the baton.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

WAMM sounds like a good alternative indeed. Let it be noted.

Johan,Right now, Matt Johnson is next in line. Presuming that he is ready to take over in about two hours.Then you would be next if you like.Very roughly speaking:metamarty 1900-2100ZMatt Johnson 2100-2300Zso if things work out about right, the next open seat is at 2300Z.Johan, do you want that seat? About 2 hours from 2300-0100Z.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Gentlemen (and Ladies, if any are here),I've got to head out for KATL and points beyond. Really enjoyed this, only sorry that I won't be here for the end. I'll check in, if I can. Let's try this again, sometime!Blue skies and fly safe! :-waveGO TEAM AVSIM!!!Best,GeraldKMLB

Hi Mike and Matt,I perfer to have the baton from 2100-2300Z.The next line (2300-0100Z)will be far to late.........Hope things will match.Johan

Guest metamarty

Can you give me an ICAO please?

Guest Matt Johnson

Assuming Metamarty comes down at Bangoy around 2100Z I can pick up from there for a couple hours.--M