Sign in to follow this  

RTW Race Thread #3

Guest metamarty

Ok, now heading for Bangkyo, RPMD ETA 21:00Z

Current route is:RPLL-WAMM-WAPP-YPDN-WRKK-WRRR-WIPP-WITT-VCBI-VABB-OOMS-OEPA-LLRD-LGTL-LMML-DAUG-GMAD-GQNN-GVAC-SNJA-SYCJ-TFFR-MYEF-KMYR-KBOSOnly 2 legs in there over 800nm, crossing to Sri Lanka from Indonesia (900 or so) and from Africa to South America (1550).Currently testflying a Beechcraft Starship, should be able to fly again from about 1300Z tomorrow.This beast is extremely fast, and hopefully has the power and fuel to cross the Atlantic at 300+ knots groundspeed.

Guest Matt Johnson

Jeroen,We need to replan the Kuwait Intl - Incirlik (OKBK - LTAG) section of the route. That would take us straight over Iraq, which is declared a no-fly zone by the umpire.My proposal is:OOMS (Seeb Intl), hdg 295, distance 714.1to OEPA (Hafr Al-Batin), hdg 294, distance 622.2to LLRD (Ramat David), hdg 286, distance 512.3to LGTL (Kasteli AB) and rejoin the published routeSo, instead of OOMS-OKBK-LTAG-LGTL, do OOMS-OEPA-LLRD-LGTL.Regards,--M

Make it Seeb-Sharjah-Gassim-Cairo instead and from there direct to LGTL.OOMS-OMSJ-OEGS-HECA-LGTL instead of OOMS-OKBK-LTAG-LGTL

Guest Matt Johnson

We crossed (recheck my original post). Thoughts?--M

Take your route, it's shorter :-)Starship is flying really nice and fast. Testing it for range now.

Guest Matt Johnson

Roger. Will be on the ground at Bangoy (RPMD) for 2100Z preparing for flight to Pattimura (WAPP).--M

Come on you guys !Shouldn't we leave the route to be determined by the next runner ? This way it's always a surprise ! :)BTW, where is the baton and who has it ? I'd like to fly one leg but am only available in 1H or so time, so anyone could fly in between (assuming no one is flying right now)RegardsFrancisco Leit

Guest Matt Johnson

MetaMarty currently has the baton, enroute from Manila (RPLL) to Bangoy (RPMD). I plan to be picking it up at Bangoy around 2100Z and taking it to Pattimura (WAPP) to arrive ca. 2315Z.

Of course the route is open. We do give a suggestion though to keep things more or less on track and provide a route for people who don't feel like doing research into good directions (I can still remember coming to an island airport in the middle of nowhere only to discover the only runway was one for seaplanes next to a helipad. Had to land on the beach).At least for me planning is part of the fun of events like this.Baton is underway to RPMD, should be there in half an hour or so.

I'll try to fly a leg tomorrow, ok?I found the FSD Cheyenne 400 in my hangar; with a cruise speed of 330, max range to fly :1800 nm I might help you a little.See you then and have save flights!Johan

Guest Matt Johnson

MetaMarty,How far out are you? On the ground and ready to rock, just say the word...--M

Guest Matt Johnson

Rolling!Marty: remember to post the GPS trace.--M

Go for it Matt. Burn some Avgas for the glory of Avsim :-)And good night to you all. Should be back around 1200Z or a little later. Contract negotiations for a new job at 0900Z so I want a good night's sleep before then.