Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

TrackIR 2.0, looking for more info.

I checked the website but it does not say whether or not the new unit uses those little dots that you paste on your head (or head gear). I was wondering if maybe they advanced the technology to the point that it can read actual head movement. I know most folks who use the current version seem very pleased with it, but I have this issue with putting dots on my forehead.... (could be my psychosis?)Thanks for any information you can provide,JohnnyKTUS

Guest cw1011

I think this is a software upgraded for the same piece of machinery. Yes, you do need to put a dot on your forhead. I don't find it that traumatic. However, find tuning is a must with this technology or queasy feelings will result from rapid, jittery head movement. I'm interested in trying out the second round of software. The concept is good - but it still needed some work. Colin

Thanks! Keep us posted as to what has changed or made better.JohnnyKTUS

Guest cw1011

I will. I don't use it much right now because it makes me seasick - but I'm not disapointed with the purchase. I am happy to be encouraging companies to explore products like this because I think there is great potential for increasing realism.

The idea of sticking the dot to my forehead put me off for a while too. Then I read somewhere that you can put the dot on the brim of a hat, on some glasses or whatever. I made the plunge and am glad I did. I put several dots on the brim of a baseball cap I keep near the computer. Not only is it conveinent, but I don't look like a dork with a dot on my face.The seasickness may go away with practice. I know over time, it works better and better for me. You can also adjust the sensitivity, so tiny motions won't have as much effect. It is really immersive, loading up a plane with a good VC such as the SF260 and flying with the Track IR. It also works great in IL2 and supposedely will work even better in the IL2 sequel.Tony