Sign in to follow this  
Guest Louis

Best joystick, your opinion

With the exception of CH Products Yokes, what is your choice for the best stick (that doesn't cost a ton of cash) for MSFS2k2?I am looking into buying a new stick. The CH Virt. Pilot Pro doesn't like my system and I have an old MS Precision Pro that doesn't work the greatest on a gameport, so I need a new one. USB of course. CompUSA has a MS Precision Pro 2 for sale, it looked good, but not a lot of complexity to it. What would you buy for say $50 or under?

I recently got a Saitek Cyborg 3d and have been very happy with it. It has a nice metal spring as resistence so it doesn't have that soft mushy feel to it. Anyway at Compusa they usually have lots of joysticks out which you can try and see which one is more comfortable.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest outtatimeiii

My joystick of choice for FS2002 is the Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D. I had this model since my FS98 days, and I been very happy with it so far. Mine is starting to wear out since I use it so much (4 years on this particular joystick, still works, but not like new).

Guest GalacticCowboy

I second the Cyborg 3D. :) I think it runs about $40. (I got mine open-box at Best Buy for $20). Very nice consistent stick.Digital sticks may have improved in recent years. I had one of the early digital sticks, the Wingman Extreme Digital (not the 3D) and hated it. I went back to my $10 bargain-bin stick until I bought the Cyborg last year. The digital stick seemed so imprecise - the calibration ranges constantly changed and it was virtually impossible to get the stick to return to a consistent center. It wasn't USB, either, of course (nothing was back then... :) ). For some reason, you could only use either the hat view OR the throttle control at any given time, not both.

I have a Microsoft Precision Pro (no force feedback) since 1999 and for me it works fine. O good purchcase for 60 dolars only. That

My next vote for the Saitek Cyborg 3D USB. Few realize it is the only joystick on the market suitable for commercial flying (non-military) due to its left & right hand capability. I prefer to have my stick in my left hand - as if I were flying any stick controlled aircraft out of the left (captain's) seat.Michael J.

Hello....Interesting thread since I want to buy a new USB stick too.One of the important things for me is to know if you can disable any deadzone. Would be great if some of you can write your experience regarding the deadzone too.(Had a Sidewinder 2, quite good and precise but no way to get rid of the deadzones, unfortunately :( Made it really hard to give precise inputs around the joystick center)Thanx in advance.... :)Robert:-rotorEDCJMetro Helicopterswww.metrohelo.org

Guest Louis

Just make sure they don't have have plastic gears cause they strip. Louis