Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stompy

Problem With CH Yoke and MS Sidewinder Precision Pro

Hey Guys, This is a two or so month old problem ive had with the CH Yoke and MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, but I just suddenly got tired of it. Ok heres the problem: I have both the CH Yoke and MS Sidewinder Precision Pro plugged into my computer. All of the time, if I decide to use the joystick, everything works except the ailerons controls, what happens is, when I push or pull the joystick fowards and backwards, the aircraft will do so for a moment, and then go into a dive, or pull all the way up- or sometimes just return back to level flight. With the Yoke, this works 100% of the time, no problems here- but Im thinking that there is maybe some confusion in the computer of which controller (joystick or yoke) is doing the movement, but only the pitch has this problem (I can turn alright, and rudder is normal, throttle, etc -works too) I hope that wasnt too confusing, but any help I can get its very appreciated.One more thing- Im only using either the yoke or joystick one at a time, not at the same session.Thanks in advance,Jason

Guest Stompy

Wow, that's really weird. I could see if all the axes were behaving like that, but for only one to do it...Well, anyway, are these both USB devices, serial, or half and half? If the Yoke is unplugged, does the joystick work perfectly? If it does, then maybe there's a signal conflict for some reason (especially if they aren't both USB). Is the joystick actually calibrated correctly?Have you tried unplugging both and plugging them back in? I once started having troubles with my MS ForceFeedback where it had trouble tracking. I don't even remember what the problem was anymore, but if one is plugged into your soundcard you might try making sure you have updated sound drivers.I assume this problem didn't always exist. Did you change something on your computer prior to this? One more thing...assuming your yoke doesn't perfectly center by itself when you let go, then get it as close as possible. Maybe it's pushed in or pulled out just a little bit and when you go to make that input on the stick it really confuses the hell out of the sim. It might be worth checking the full range of motion on both devices in the windows control panel too to see if the problem exists outside the sim.

Hey,That Joystick is a Gameport and the Yoke is USB. I just tried unplugging and then plugged them back in, but its the same result. Im pretty sure the joystick is calibrated correctly, and my sound dirvers are the latest version. Correct, the problem hasnt always existed, and actually things were changed on the computer. I upgraded a few things- RAM, Processor, video card- 512mb ddr RAM, Atlon 2100+ processor, GeForce Ti4200. But the problem existed before the upgrade, also. In the Yoke properties box, I noticed that the cross that represents the movement of the yoke, is always bouncing around the smallest bit, then I elevated the yoke ontop of some books, and "wa-la!" , it stopped moving, so im gunna go check this out now in FS, see if its any improvement. Ill reply back with an update in a few minutesThank you for your time and help,

Wow! Just boosting the yoke up instead of having it on the floor works! Thank you so much for your help, David! I really do appreciate it! Cased Closed. :D

Guest Stompy

Hmmm...I don't think it's going to be that easy, but that would be pretty cool. :-)Your setup (in terms of controllers) is identical to mine, which is frustrating because I can switch from one controller to the other mid flight with no problems unless one or the other isn't centered.Any chance you'll be able to narrow down to the change that was made right before you started having this problem?Update Edit: Oh, well nevermind then. Huh, interesting! Was the yoke tilted back so that the stem protruding from the back of the unit pushes into the ground or something? Maybe it really did think you were trying to give it a control input. Well, I'm happy as hell it worked for you! That's great!

>Any chance you'll be able to narrow down to the change that was made right before you started having this problem?Sorry,I dont really understand what your mean/want me to find out. Could you clear that up :) ?Im on AIM right now also, so we could chat on there about this, too.EDIT: Yes, that what it was, the yoke was tilted back so I guess it thought I was giving a control input :D

Guest Stompy

Eh, that's okay, it doesn't even matter what I was trying to ask now that you have it working. :-) Congrats!