Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

Hnaging XP

Guest rmce

I just had to (was really forced into) installing the SP1 update pack to my Pavilion P4 2.4.Prior to this Fs 2KPro was working superbly. Now it takes for ever to continue 'flying' after any key command or mouse activation.Also, save option no longer displays the message box in Full screen mode, but does in a smaller screen mode.Anyone experienced this before?Any fixes ideas?

Guest CapnCol

When I downloaded SP1 it changed my video drivers as well. This did not cause me too many problems but I did revert back to previous drivers. Maybe it is something you could check. Colin

Did Bill Gates actually come to your house with some burly software engineers and force you to install WinXP SP1? Did the engineers bear an resemblance to "Dilbert" by Scott Adams? If so, all you had to do was bribe them with free food and they would have left quietly!!!:-lolI would visit http://www.guru3d.com/ and download the drivers you want for WinXP. I recommend, at least, the 40.72 or 41.09 drivers. I also recommend installing DirectX 9.0 from Microsoft.You may want to reinstall the graphics drivers and directx on your computer system. If you have Windows XP Pro, start your computer in an administrators account, otherwise, just load your computer.First, test DirectX by pressing start, run, type dxdiag, OK. Let the directx diagnostic stabilize. Check each tab, test each function, especially the Display test. Ensure DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP Texture Accelerations are enabled, then test each function.Since you now have SP1 installed, check to see what graphics drivers you may be using. Right-click you desktop, select properties, settings tab, advanced button. If you are using the WinXP default drivers, you may not see a separate tab for the Nvidia driver. In that case, select adapter, properties, driver tab, and note the driver version. If you do see an Nvidia Tab, click the tab and not the driver version. Even if you have an Nvidia Tab, you may have to reinstall the drivers, since the Service Pack may have overwritten some of the updated drivers files.You will have to uninstall the Nvidia drivers through the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs menu. Select the NVidia Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers and select remove. Follow the directions and reboot the computer when asked. When the computer is rebooted, you should be using the default WinXP SP1 drivers. Find the updated drivers you downloaded and click on the executable to start the installation process. You will have to reboot the computer to have the new drivers loaded.Once you have the new drivers installed, retest DirectX Diagnostic prior to trying to use FS2002.

Guest rmce

Thanks for magnificent and scary(lol) advice!>In a manner of speaking thats what happened. My dear wife, switched computer off at the mains,, and it did not like this one bit. Poor wee soul crashing at 2.4 speed. (the computer that is, the wife was slower hitting the floor)Anyway, I have a HP Pavilion,, which is indeed a fine thing. Kindly,, it is pre-loaded with XP. However, due to some strange problem or other, small computer companies such as HP, Compaq(same I know), and some Dells I believe cannot take SP1. They dont like it, it affects their ability to upgrade their 'virtual' drive or sector on the secret hard disk.So, I have not been able to install SP1 and Fs2 was working brill!After computerous collapsos, during the Non Destructive Re-boot (ROFLOL-Non destructive my ***) I was presented with the great news that HP now had a fix for the SP problem. "Oh Goodie" I thinks, is not Broadband a wonderful seemless all time connection. HP are helping me re-boot.So by happily and trustingly saying Oh Yeah to all advice on screen I end up with SP1 duly installed!Gee thanks! Its just what I need!Fs2 hanging and dying!I have the Nvidia driver and updated to new one for my GeForce4, but still no change.I feel a reinstallation of Fs2Pro is needed to pick up the brand new system that I was so kindly given!(sigh) And there was me 500 miles out of NYC in new Concorde at Mach 2 from HRW. Gotta complete thsi flight!RonaldGlasgowScotland

You can try a reinstalling, just in case the power-down caused a corruption of files.I live with this power outages in Florida from Thunderstorm's or when the local electric company want to sell me a Surge Protector!I did have one lately that seemed to cause some disruption of the registry. I had to start from a restore point to fix the problem. I did find out that I even had to reload DirectX9. Found that by accident when I went to do the directx diagnostic and no more directx9 checks were being made and the green cube was orange again.Good luck, I hope you get your problem solved.

Guest rmce

Re-installed, now worse off!Direct 9 installed as well, and working as it should.This is really needing a re-think!Ronald