Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markyboy

HELP!!! No Sound When I Look Left

Hello all:I need some help. While using MSFS2002, when I look left the sond of the engine goes away. When I look right the sound of the engine is twice as loud. Anyone know the fix for this problem?Thanks in advance.blkwlsn

Guest RonB49

It sounds (no pun intended) like a Sound Card, Speaker, or Headset problem. FS2002 has full stereophonic sound. When you look left, all sound comes from the left speaker. When you look right, all sound comes from the right speaker. Because I have only one operating ear, it's particularly annoying for me to use a headset. But my wife insists upon it. R-

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.OTHER SIMS WORK O.K. FLY!II AND X-PLANE.

...ALSO NOT USING HEAD PHONES. I DID INSTALL AN ADD-ON PLANE (DOWNLOADED FROM AVSIM) THAT IS NOT SHOWING THIS PROBLEM.THANKSBLKWLSN

Make sure all your speaker balance control, both hardware and software, are centered. Once the sound is processed out of fs2002, it is turned over to your normal computer sound system. If one aircraft works, they should all work.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY SEIFFERT:ALL MUSIC CD'S PLAY FINE. MAYBE I NEED TO GIVE A BIT MORE INFORMATION.I'M FLYING IN THE 172SP. 1. LOOK FORWARD ... ACCEPTABLE. 2. LOOK LEFT QUARTER ... ENGINE SOUND FAINT ... WIND NORMAL.3. LOOK LEFT ... ENGINE SOUND SILENT ... WIND NORMAL.4. LOOK REAR LEFT QUARTER ... ENGINE SOUND FAINT ... WIND NORMAL.5. LOOK REAR ... ACCEPTABLE.6. LOOKING TO THE RIGHT QUARTER, RIGHT, AND REAR RIGHT QUARTER, THE ENGINE SOUND IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE ABOVE. ("LOUD", "VERY LOUD", AND THEN "LOUD" AGAIN RESPECTIVELY). WIND IS NORMAL.I SUSPECT THE LEFT ENGINE SOUND IS BEING SENT TO THE RIGHT SIDE. HOWEVER THE WIND IS NORMAL.I HAVE DELETED AND RE-INSTALLED. NO FIX.THANKS,BLKWLSN

Basically, I am hearing what you are hearing except I don't really hear the sound get louder when turning right.

Guest RonB49

Hey blkwlsn, try an experiment for me. Sit on the ramp in a cold, dark, twin and perform an autostart (Ctrl + e). Do you hear the number 1 (left) engine as it starts or is everything quiet until number 2 (right) starts? R-

Hello, It sounds like your problem comes from your hardware's mix, I encountered the same one with an EPOX 8KHA mother board, Athlon XP and a soundblaster 5.1. As the mother board contains yet a sound chipset the issue seems to be occuring from a wrong disabling of the MoBo's sound.Good luck !Yannick

Guest Captain Barfbag

I've noticed the same thing. Last night I was flying the Baron (a twin) and confirmed the sound fading as I panned to the left. I'm using an add-on low-end Soundblaster, which I installed because I needed a gameport for my yoke pedals. Do jets do this too?

Guest Markyboy

The problem that you describe is the exact same as I had on a previous system running Win98 with a creative soundblaster128. I dont know how many times I took out the drivers and reinstalled them and still had the same problem. I spoke with a friend that runs a computer business and he explained to me that when you delete something it doesnt physically remove it from the disk, rather it only tells the Operating system that it is ok to write to that part of the disk. He also told me that if you remove something and then reinstall it the installer looks back to that part of the disk and sees that the files are still there and it will not copy from the CDROM rather it will just re-activate the file on the disk. He told me to remove the drivers then use the disk defrag option in the system tools and once its done to reinstall the drivers as it will then not see those files and copy from the disk. Guess what? Yep it worked.Give it a try and I am sure your problem will go away.Hope this helps you,Markyboy.P.S. Please no tech heads jump in and pull my terminology to shreds this is written in layman's terms