Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Stardownload and DAP:Attention Tom Allensworth

Tom,Have tried Stardownload as well.It also does not work with the Google Toolbar installed.No one at DAP,Google or on the AVSIM fora seems to be able to suggest a reason for this so I shall just have to uninstall the Google Toolbar.:-violin

Alas,Something more sinister seems to be afoot.Even after uninstalling the Google toolbar DAP locks at the authentication stage

Tom,My son has tried on his computer. He doesn't run DAP or Google toolbar and has never had them installed.Is the problem with the AVSIM server or could it be my IP server?Thanks

Cameron,Thanks for the reply.I have phoned my ISP and the guy at the helpdesk wasn't able to understand the problem.He logged onto AVSIM and got the homepage; library file page; requested the Jandakot file and got to the download page but like me couldn't download.This morning trying to download King Salmon Airport DAP got to the checking network stage and just stopped.Are you absolutely sure that there is not a problem with your server? It seems there must be.:-grr

I can download it without any troubles. Is it just that one file you can't download? Or is it all of them? If you can't download, and the ISP tech guy can't download it, it must be a problem with your ISP, perhapes they are blocking some ports? I don't think anyone else is having this problem.

Cameron,No, I am unable to download any AVSIM file, however, I was able to download the terrashape update file from Colin Sare-Soar's AVSIM hangar site. I asked a fellow NZ simmer to try and download one of the files and he had no problem so I guess it could be my ISP as he has a different one .Will e-mail the ISP helpdesk regarding the problem.Thanks.

My ISP have traced the problem.Their reply states 'some of our internet range does not have the required reverse DNS specified'.They have given me a 'static IP address' as a temporary solution.The computerspeak means nothing to me but I can now download AVSIM library files again.:-wave