Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanWalloch

AGP card stuck in PCI mode...........help!

Guest DanWalloch

Besides reformating my pc and starting clean, is there a way to get my AGP card out of being stuck in PCI mode.

The only way I know if you have renewed the motherboard and not set the startup in the bios. Yours is startingup in pci instead of agp. How do u get a picture??? U should alter the settings to have it start in agp.

You need to install the drivers for your controller chip, i.e., VIA, Intel, SiS, AMD, ALi. You also need to install all the updates for your operating systems, such as service packs. I would also install updated drivers for your sound, graphics adapter, NICs, modems, etc. Just make sure you update the OS and the controller chips drivers first.

Guest gasebah

Either u do not have the AGP drivers for your motherboard installed, or you might have directly updated the PCI to AGP bridge with PCI drivers. Check your device manager if there is an AGP tp PCI bridge installed somewhere.Alex

Guest DanWalloch

I've got agp drivers installed and my bios is set to start up as agp. My videocard got stuck after I had agp texture accleration turned off in DX 9.

I'd reinstall the AGP miniport drivers for your motherboard. I had the same exact problem a few months ago, and doing that cured it.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest DanWalloch

Bill: How do I go about doing that, could you e-mail me about it. flyboydan@juno.com or post something on it here. Thanks!-Dan-

Dan,The controller chips are the ones that provide the AGP Bus interface. Check the type of controller chips you have, VIA, Intel, SiS, AMD, ALi and install the drivers for the chips.You can check what you have installed in Device Manager. Double click the Systems devices entry and look through the listing for:VIA CPU to AGP Controller -- could be Intel, SiS, etc.VIA CPU to PCI Bridge---etc., etc.If VIA visit http://www.viaarena.com/If Intel visit http://www.intel.com/If SiS visit http://www.sis.com/You'll have to search for any others.

Guest DanWalloch

I've reinstalled the chipset drivers twice today......nothing changed.

Hi Dan.This is probably not the problem...If your AGP aperature setting in the system BIOS is set to 16Mb, you would effectively be getting only PCI performance from the card.Your AGP aperature should be a minimum of 64Mb for this card.Dick

Guest DanWalloch

I'd like to thank everyone for their support! I finally just had to reinstall win98se over itself and the problem is fixed.....no files lost.....(backed up 1.3 gigs worth of stuff just in case).