Sign in to follow this  

#5 RTW Race Thread #5

Guest UweR

Hi, dark as mud in this part of the world :-)The approach will be interesting, at least the weather is decent with two broken cloud layers and a 5 knot wind from 300. I

Good night Dave. See you this (North American) evening.And Jeroen, you are going to find out what the Starship can do. Look forward to your evaluation.So far, so good....let's hope Uwe gets down in good order.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest UweR

Turn on them landing lights of yours :-) Just overflew the runway, all that can be seen is the yellow refuel box and some faint runway edge lights, I estimate 5 minutes to TD.One thing is cristal clear: When you look at my path, it becomes evident I didn

Revving them up now. It's black as the night here indeed (but then, what do you expect at night >:)~ )you down yet? Or lost the runway?

Guest dcc

just a quick clarification if anyone's planning to use my P-38s. They can do about 400 MPH ground speed (not 400 knots) if your up at say FL240. Also, to activate the external tanks, you'll need to go into the aircraft.cfg file and remove // in front of the the external tanks.Given the right conditions and at maximum fuel efficiency settings, you can go about 2100 miles (not nm) with the 300 gallon tanks on. But that's at probably 170 - 200 MPH. So, while the '38 may be good for short and medium length trips at high speed, it's probably not the best for the longer range flights.go team!- dcc

Guest UweR

Jeroen, the baton is yours :-) Proof of flight follows shortly in this thread, maybe you open a new one?Good luck!Best Regards, Uwe

Starting now.ETE about 3 hours from now, that's 17:30Z.Shot brightened up to make the aircraft visible :)

Hi Jeroen,Yes: I will take the next leg!I assume this will be: VCBI-VOMCOK?Johan

had VCBI-VOML in mind myself, can't find VOMC in my planner.

Neither do I; Let's fly VCBI-VABB as suggested earlier.

I could also fly: VCBI-OOHA Oman.This is a straighter flight, but also with the Cheyenne 400 it will take me 3h50m to reach that airport and I am not too sure if it's against the rules (flying too long).Johan

We might want to split it up because it's too long for a 2 hour flight (so as to keep in the spirit of things). That's why I suggested VOML as an intermediate.