Sign in to follow this  

#5 RTW Race Thread #5

What about someone flies to VOAT (Agatti, 3900ft runway) or Trivandrum (VOTV, 11000ft and ILS) and you take it to Oman from there?That would be an all-overwater flight and those are allowed to be longer :-)

Ok,I can't find VOML.So let's take the earlier suggested VABB inspite it's a way around..With the Cheyenne it will take me 2 hours to be there.BTW: you're not flying Vatsim?Johan

Forgot to log in, being remedied :)Online now as TCA2887.ETE 90 minutes (16:50Z).

Uhhhhhh....you're online!Ok will be back in time to take over the baton: VCBI-VABB.Johan

Okidokijooooo......I'll catch you up at vatsim's login.Do I have to wait with my departute until you sent in your flightanalyse (pic)?

You'll see me landing. I'll see if I can taxi towards you. When I stop, you start rolling.

Johanvw,Just depart when he posts the touchdown, normally people tend to take a few moments more to send the pictures but there is no need to delay the race because of it...Just wait a bit short of the holding point of the departing runway, and when you see him go by, start your leg (if you're connected to vatsim).RegardsFrancisco Leit

Jeroen just made his touchdown, so I'm departing for VABBThanks for your reply Francisco!

Johan. Delighted to see you in the air.Just a small point. You might initiate a new subthread for your flight (rather than simply continue this current thread with a different title). Simply "reply" to the first Matt Johnson message in the overall thread--way at the top. And give your new subthread the name you have here "I have the Baton: VCBI-VABB". That way, newcomers can quickly see the beginning point for each leg's subthread.Also, when you get in the air and settled down might you give us a rough idea of an ETA? We need to get our next pilot lined up.We're rooting you on.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Johan is on VATSIM as TCA2780 (not to be confused with TCA2887 which is me :-wave).ETE 2:25 according to ServInfo. That's around 2000Z.

Hi Mike and Jeroen,Mike: will do my best next time, OK?Reached EOC on flightlevel 310, cruising speed is 350-360 IAS, very calm weather to look forward; will have a smooth flight...ETA for BOD: about 1.30hETA for VABB 19.45 zuluKeep you informed.....

Johan,All is copacetic. Hope you are enjoying the Indian night sky.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Yup Mike.....Enjoying my dinner now (fantastic crew on board!).BOD about 1 hour.