Sign in to follow this  

#5 RTW Race Thread #5

Do we yet have a volunteer to pick up the baton from Johan?The next scheduled flight is VABB-OOMS. 858 nm over the Arabian Sea.Normally, each pilot gets to pick the next destination. But in this case, we very strongly hope that the next pilot will volunteer to do this long run. Our entire strategy is based on getting a direct route to Europe without dilly-dallying around in Central or South Asia.Because this is a long run over water, we will happily tolerate a flight of longer than two hours. But you must have an aircraft with this range (and, we hope, a fast one as well). As soon as we reach the mainland, we'll be back to shorter two-hour flights.Johan's ETA in VABB is (I think) about 1745Zulu (2:45 EST). It would be great to have the next pilot sitting on the tarmac, engines ticking over, with flightplan loaded.Volunteers?Let's keep the baton in the air.Best,MikeJohan, can you give us another reading on your ETA at VABB?

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I can pick it again if noone else shows up.ETA according to ServInfo is now 1 hour or 18:55Z

Mike,ETA at VABB will be 1945-2000Zulu.(so: 1 hour from now)BOD within 30 minutes.Supposed you find no pilot: take a very short flight and I will take over to OOMS. No problem for me.Johan

Johan,It looks as though Jeroen is available if necessary. (I may be as well, if your touchdown is closer to 2000Z.)It would be great to get a new volunteer--who is confident of flying over the ocean. Otherwise, we old hands will take on the task.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1