Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

FS Atmosphere Official Web-Site is open. Welcome!

The site has the LEAST amount of information that I've ever seen!No mention of what the product is, nor what it does.Anyone have any more detailed information?gwillmot

That's funny!:-lolOK, it's not a huge web-site but a few web-pages!Anyway, it CONTAINS information about FS Atmosphere.Try this link.Thanks for criticism! :-kewlVladimir

Guest GalacticCowboy

Well, in reading through the brief info on the site, it's for FS98 only. Looks like it's basically an attempt to add FSMeteo or ActiveSky wxRE-type weather processing for FS98 (though FSMeteo also supports FS98...).

I downloaded Weather Maker 1.4 from www.calibresoftware.comIt seems to do a very similar job, except for weather d/l. It isn't alpha, it's release. For real weather I have Active Sky as well as the default. I don't get what is different about FS Atmosphere that FS Meteo, Active Sky and Weather Maker don't already do? Can anyone enlighten me?ChasW

FS Meteo and Active Sky do the same job and even more.:-kewl(Weather Maker is a little bit different)If you are happy about those add-ons - go on, use them!:-fumeFS Atmosphere project has started more then 1 year ago.And neither Active Sky nor Weather Maker were available at that moment.I was unsatisfied by FS Meteo and decided to write FS Atmosphere.I hope you understand that add-on for MSFS 98 could be easily rewritten to work with MSFS2K and MSFS2K2 in 10 minutes. But dueto the fact that MS FS2K/2K2 have much more weather parameters thanFS98, I still have not released corresponding (enhanced) versions of FS Atmosphere.Well, the concurrence is strong in this field (weather generators).Especially when Microsoft comes to the scene. This year's releaseof MS FS 2004 will have improved weather engine, so probably no onewill ever need any weather related add-on! :-beerchugI don't care. Each version of MSFS has its own life (more than 2 years), so I will continue the work on FS Atmosphere and versionsfor FS2K/2K2 will be released soon. :-kewlUsers will decide which add-on to choose, but what is moreimportant - the existence of an alternative. ;)Vladimir :-kewl

>I hope you understand that add-on for MSFS 98 could be >easily >rewritten to work with MSFS2K and MSFS2K2 in 10 minutes.>>>Vladimir :-kewl Your 10 minutes is up.....Please deposit another quarter........gwillmot (fs2002 user)

Thanks, Rob!Good idea for future releases!(If only MS FS will survive after such experiments :-lol)

Thanks, Rob!Good idea for future releases!(If only MF FS will survive after such experiments! :-lol)