Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Restoring Default FS2K2 Airports

I wonder if anyone knows how difficult it is and what the steps would be to restore a default airport. I installed the SimFlyers KEWR (it is fine), but also added several AItraffic programs and I'm finding problems with aircraft location, ground routes, parking and really low frame rates (<10). I think I'd rather start over with the default Newark airport. Is this a difficult thing or should I just re-install FS2k2 (rather not...)Thanks for any adviceSteveDell 8200P4 2.53GF3 ti500512 RAM40 GB 7200 rpm HDSaitek Stick and ThrottleCH USB PedalsCH USB Yoke

For the scenery, open the Scenery Library either from the fs2002 Main Selection Menu under Settings, or within FS2002 under the world menu. Find the scenery that you want to either disable or remove from the library.I recommend just disabling the scenery first by finding the scenery in the listing and removing the "X" from its corresponding checkbox. Click okay and return to fs2002. It should return with the default scenery unless you have more than one set of scenery for a particular airport.If you decide to remove the scenery entry from the library, then use the remove button. All that does is removes it from the scenery library catalog. It doesn't remove it from your hardrive. If you want to remove it from your hardrive, you will have to open Windows Explorer to the scenery folder where it is placed and delete/move it.If you want to restore your Airports AFCAD files to the default, you can use the latest version of AFCAD by Lee Swordy. Under the File menu, is an option to restore the airports. Otherwise, you can open the fs2002scenedbAFDFilesScenery folder, and delete the present *.bgl for your airport and rename the *.ORIGINAL to *.bgl. However, this file may contain more than one airport that you do want modified so that is why it is easier to use AFCAD.

Thanks! I tried that over the weekend and by disabling it, I got the default scenery back along with the frame rates. The AI tracks are still off but really not too bad. I'll look into that next.

Download and install AFCAD1.32+ by Lee Swordy. Open AFCAD, select file, Catalog, Delete, Restore Airport..., and follow the directions.