Sign in to follow this  
Bray

Downloading problems here also. Please Help!!!

Guest shine5

Hello people. I understand there have been downloading problems. Im at the point now of complete frustration!!! So tell staff what should I do to rectify the problem. I am trying to download some fs2004 sound files but I keep getting the "action cancelled message!". I have read on this forum to enable "passive ftp". Done, no help!! I have also read to allow avsim.com and avsim.net in your "cookies menu". Done, no help!! I need more troubleshooters!! Please help...S5

Guest wathomas777

I too am having the same problems. I have tried all the tips listed, I do have passive ftp enabled. Have rebooted the machine. My cookies are fine, and still I get an "action cancelled" message right after I get through AVSIM's little "advertisement".I am also frustrated, as I have never had problems in the past. Running Windows XP Home Service Pack 2 with all critical updates installed.IE 6.0Are you guys sure there is "nothing wrong" as I have never had these problems before.

If you have previously been able to download successfully and now are having problems, then these problems generally show up as a result of some change made to your system; an update to your browser, a change in firewall settings, the addition of a function to your start bar that has unforseen impact on your download programs, etc. If you have successfully downloaded from AVSIM before, and are now having difficulties, it is NOT because of any changes we have made to our system. We haven't made any that would impact user's accessibility in quite some time. So, you need to go back and check to see what you have done to your system that might have caused this change in accessibility.There are two areas of changes that WILL HAVE a serious impact on your access to the system; your browser sercurity settings and changes to your firewall (if you are running one). In your browser, you need to set library.avsim.net, www.avsim.com and forums.avsim.net as trusted zones. You also need to give those three URL's the same trusted status in your firewall. If either of these three URL's are block in some way, then you are most likely going to have issues accessing the library.I run ZoneAlarm Pro as my firewall and I can tell you that it is very persnickedy as to how and what you allow in AND it will block downloads if you don't have the settings correct, or if they have changed recently.Give me more information on your firewall and browser security settings and I will see if I can step you through the process.

Tom, Im having download problems this morning too. No changes to my system and it worked fine last night (friday 12th). I get a page returned when pressing the download buttom that says "Action Cancelled" no connection to the server.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Same here. No changes to my system browser or firewall. Worked fine until today I get message "action cancelled" ThanksBill

Yep, me too. And i thought i was the only one!!! Yesterday was fine. No changes made to my system.

Guest wathomas777

Haven't made any changes since I posted my problem, and now it is working.I wonder if there is an issue with the mirror site.Perhaps if you exceed a traffic limit on the original site, it automatically tries to get it from the mirror, and that is the problem. Perhaps you can look to see if the previous post was done at a high traffic period. I'm not trying to complain, but I swear I did nothing to change my browser from the last time I tried to ths time, and now I am downloading. So it's weird.Thanks Tom for your quick response.

Heard over the PA system in mid-take off of the 747 - the Pilot says; "oops".Okay, so there was something wrong. Our server decided to go on a sit down strike. That is now fixed and you should be able to download fine. Sorry about that guys.

Mirror hasn't been implemented yet, so that ain't the problem. Server just decided to go to lunch. Now fixed.