Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

#6 RTW Race Thread #6

10 minutes / 40nm outTops of the cloud layers is about 7000ftstill descending thru the clouds.The ATIS for LCLK is the VOR, which I can't figure out how to tune in MS... In real life I'd dial in the VOR and pull the id switch outWoodreau

Guest Liam

OK mateHave a nice flight let me know how it goes mate :-)Liam

Dave, Are you ready?Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Was waiting for a response about my route, but.....So, I'll go ahead and make our stop on Greece mainland...ETE currently 1:45, with a pretty big headwind.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Dave,If you can make it to the Greek mainland, that will be a worry off my mind. (We'd hate to miss Europe while not paying attention. Or have to back track due to inattention to detail.)Let that ol' P-38 burn a hole through the atmosphere!Good to see you in action again.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Ah, caught by EST vs Z. Pls excuse me, I come from a land down under, where women glow and men chunder ....

Gary,Do you want to take the next leg from LGKL over Malta to Tunisia?(We are headed across the Sahara and down the coast of West Africa to cross the South Atlantic from the Cape Verde Islands. We can JUST make it.)I think that Dave is due into LGKL about 0645-0700Zulu. (He's battling headwinds so may be a tad late.)Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I'm willing!The closest Airport I find in Tunisia to LGKL is DTMB @ 549nm. Does this break our two hr rule, thus making me have to land in Malta or Italy?

Current ETA in just under 37 minutes now... Chugging along about 196nm away..

Holding short at LGKL, ready for departure when the baton gets here soon. Would apreciate my previous Q answer from you RTW racing gurus!

Go ahead. 550nm is good in 2 hours (with most of the aircraft we've been using you could do 100nm more).I'm available to take over from you at Monastir (DGMB) and take it deep into the Sahara. A chance to fly in daylight at last for me :-lolEven nicer is that I've actually been to Monastir for real :-jumpy

40nm out, expect my "landed" post in about 10 mins :)