Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

Advise in completing MS's round aroud the world Flight

Guest GabrielR

Hi, this is not intended to be a national pride fight post.I own the PSS dash 8 and I enjoy the experience of flight mostly in IMC. Just bougth the PSS A320, but when I started to look in the manuals, it appears to me that the A320 is so automated, that little imput is needed from the pilot to do the flying. My question ARE:1. For the serious simmer, is the A320 "boring"? 2. will I be seated at FL350 just looking the glasses? 3. what about the A320 in approach and landing, do real pilots do it Autoland every time? What's exciting on this?4. Are there quality Airplanes, WITH Virtual cockpit and detailed systems management but no so automated to do my 3rd round around the globle, wich I have done before with the Default in FS2000 and in FS2002? I will be using:Geofa's debonair(NEED A GOOD GA TWIN ENGINE HERE) Lago's Twin otter???????PSS Dash 8PSS A320??? (any Boeing Here????) (need a longer range AIRCRAFT HERE)Advise needed, as I want to complete the whole route suggested by the MS guys back in 1999 for FS2002 before FS9 is released.For those who do not know about the route:http://www.microsoft.com/games/fs2000/arti...world_intro.aspThe route is real good to catch a glimpse of what the FS world is about.

>Hi, this is not intended to be a national pride fight post. >>I own the PSS dash 8 and I enjoy the experience of flight >mostly in IMC. Just bougth the PSS A320, but when I started >to look in the manuals, it appears to me that the A320 is so >automated, that little imput is needed from the pilot to do >the flying. >That's only at first glance, though most of the input is during the climbout and descent phases as it is with all modern aircraft.>1. For the serious simmer, is the A320 "boring"? Depends on what you fancy.With the A320 (and with many other of the new airliner addons) you'll need to spend more time actually planning the flight properly.If you just have FS autogenerate a plan for you and import that, you may not have full enjoyment.>2. will I be seated at FL350 just looking the glasses? During cruise, pretty much. Just like a real airliner pilot in an aircraft of the class and age.>3. what about the A320 in approach and landing, do real >pilots do it Autoland every time? What's exciting on this? No, most airlines will not use autoland most of the time.I live near Schiphol (EHAM) and the CAT3 facilities (which are required for autoland) are inoperative more often than not (even though they are available, the runways are usually CAT1 only for day to day operations).>4. Are there quality Airplanes, WITH Virtual cockpit and >detailed systems management but no so automated to do my 3rd >round around the globle, wich I have done before with the >Default in FS2000 and in FS2002? >Try the Flight1 DC-9. It's magnificent. Too shortrange for what you have in mind though.>I will be using: >>Geofa's debonair >(NEED A GOOD GA TWIN ENGINE HERE) Lago's Twin otter??????? Twin Otter is very nice. The Flight1 Golden Eagle is excellent too.I use both, have flown the Golden Eagle all the way around the world over a period of about 10 months.>PSS Dash 8 >PSS A320??? (any Boeing Here????) >(need a longer range AIRCRAFT HERE) >Don't know any commercial large airliners with VC. The A320 would easily do 2500nm when lightly loaded though so you can use that (will need some carefull planning of the altitude to make use of the best winds probably).

Guest cw1011

Another great GA twin with outstanding range is the FSD Piper Cheyenne. It's a complex twin turbine - but not as heavilly automated as the Meridian. It will get you up to 30,000 feet and with a tail wind, hit ground speeds in excess of 400 mph. It can also go a long way with its twin wing tanks full.The plane is a dream to fly, has an outstanding flight model which is an accomplishment for a turboprop, and a very good VC. I also second the Flight 1 DC-9. I'm having a ball learning how to fly it, and it too has an outstanding flight model. It and PIC 767 are the two planes I can land with the most consistency. Colin