Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

9700 Pro and 2nd video card?

Guest tstewart

Jumped ship and ordered 9700 Pro. Question is I currently am running Ti-4600 and run a second video card (tnt2-pci) for a second monitor running only fsnav. Was wondering if I should get a radon 7000 pci card and if this would work. I know nvidia and ati drivers don't mix. Has anyone tried this type of setup? I tried using both monitors connected to my 4600 and did not like the results. Any help would be appreciated. System is P-4 2.4 with 1gb pc-800.

Here's the good news, you can connect 2 monitors to your 9700 Pro. It has a regular VGA plug on it and a DVI plug. All you need is an DVI-VGA adapter to add the second monitor. ATI has software you can download to adjust setting for the two monitors.

I'm running 3 monitors...a 9700 Pro primary, a Radeon 7000 on #2, and a TNT 2 card on #3. So, to answer your question, YES...they run together fine.Mark

>All you need is an DVI-VGA adapter to add the second monitor.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg