Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

would like to send this to MS and need email addy

I would like to get this list to MS. In understanding that with the CoF set for release this summer I would like submit some ideas that I feel would add to the next or future sims while trying not mention items that have already been announced to be included in the CoF release. What is the email add to MS? I can

Guest JonP01

That's a nice effort, but it's a bit late for this sort of stuff now. Once a project, especially one this big, moves from late alpha into the beta phase, the only priority is debugging and optimsing the program code and to also make sure the features work as intended. But what does not get implemented in this release will, I imagine, go into their suggestion box for FS10. Whilst I can't say for certain at what exact stage of development the FS9 project is in, I can say from experience that if they are not into the beta phase extremely soon (if not already) then they run a strong risk of missing the published July deadline.

Thanks. Yeah figured as much however its always nice to throw ideas into the suggestion box for when ever. There are some things that I hope to see in my life time thats on that list however, I'm not holding my breathe. Funny thing is almost everything I mentioned would seem very possible and easy based on what they have already done to date. Seems like after the next release there might be to many more "big" advancements but instead more attention to detail. Now that we have the auto gen, ATC, AI and soon to be a "reported" great weather engine going is now just polishing and detailing til the overall graphics gets overhauled. Hopefully in that time of detailing we will get to see a bunch of the little things I mentioned aw well as many other that I've read as great suggestions. The biggest thing we can hope for is if they don't do it they leave it open for 3rd parties too.Kilstorm

Guest JonP01

Yes, I agree with that. I think FS2002 and FS9 are such quantum leaps over what came before, that, as you say, it could be spit and polish for quite some time in the future. As regards third party products, certainly I'm not really impressed with MS when such fundamentally desirable and useful things are left to third parties to look after (like FSUIPC and Active Camera - I still can't believe that after 20 years MS still does not have a fly by view in the stock product). But on the other side of the coin, MSFS just wouldn't be MSFS without the brilliant work of the third parties. With the shear amount of work MS has to do just to release the basic core sim components, there simply isn't the time or reasources available to deliver the sort of quality we see in the top handful of add-ons :-)