Sign in to follow this  

Avsim vs FlightSim RTW Race Thread #7

Or if someone were to fly GVAC-GVFM I could take it myself at slightly reduced speed.Seems Johan isn't online at the moment?

OK, I'll give you 100nm and go to GVFM.From there you go to SBFZ at best speed for a safe arrival (just go a bit slower and save some fuel for emergencies).

One disadvantage: It will need a runway at least as long as we had at GQPT to get it off the ground with a high amount of fuel.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

thanks that makes it simple enough, I should spend a little less time flyin and a little more time learning how to make pictures :-)on second thought bring on the planes :-saeFloyd

Well, I've found that the Super Constellation can do the 1,869nm flight round trip on 1 full tank of fuel......My test cruise speed: currently making 337 knots IAS (378 GS) at 16,000 feet

just place aircraft carriers in strategic spots :-saeFloyd

OK if you want the flight: go for it and go to GVFM now !!Runway lenght 4200 feetJeroen has started the descent.....RegardsJohan

Either way works for me.....Johan going to SBFZ in the cheyenne, or me to SBBE in the constellation....Either one works, but that'll probably mean Jeroen will have to divert again to an airport with a long runway if GVFM's runway is short if I'm taking the plunge...

Johan, Dave, and Jeroen,Just kibitzing between professional meetings.My (weak) vote is to run the Super Constellation to SBFZ. Looks like it will work with a margin of error. Fast enough, too.And the added attraction of being a novel aircraft in our fleet.Another thought. Who has flow most recently, Dave or Johan?Both plans will work, so there's not much to choose from. So might Dave and Johan communicate and work this out?Take care, friends.Mike(When I return from my meeting, I shall be eager to see our collective wisdom at work...with the Baton zooming toward Fortaleza. Best, M.)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I've stated earlier: let Dave go with the connie.That's the best option for this race.Johan

You try for Fortaleze from GVFM. Should be long enough, Connies have operated from shorter fields in the past :-)I've checked, Constellation has operated out of EHLE which is just a bit shorter than GVFM.In case you can't get it off, Johan is doing a short hop to GVAC and you can start from there.

15 minutes, time for the before-engine-start checklist.

Well, I've just been ordered out on an errand....Should be back in about an hour.....If someone else wants to take the puddle hop while I'm gone, go ahead....

Dave take your leg.GVFM runway is 4200ftGVAC is 10000ftJohan