Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

FS9 - again aircraft shadows when overcast? I hope not!

One one of the released scrennshots shows the Wright Flyer under an - how it looks like - overcast sky, but casting a sharp shadow on the ground.With all the new visual improvements we can expect from FS 9, I do hope MS will disable aircraft and ground scenery shadow, if the sky is overcast. This can not be soooo difficult. Or even better would be just a light shade of blur instead of sharp shadows..Wolfgang

Guest CapnCol

Lets also hope it is going to be darker when overcast! my airplanes always appear as though it is sunny.Colin

Personnally, I would have prefered a usual fall release, which means 3 more MS month of work and therefore more detailed airports.Some improvement will be made with JFK.... but what about Changi, Frankfurt, Honolulu or San Paulo...? Minos

now, I am curious if clouds itself will cast shadows when they are volumetric in FS9.

Have you guys seen this screen shot from the upcoming "Lock On" game. I think that they are headed on the right track?I love how the rays of light shine through the layer of clouds. Hopefully FS9 will be able to mimic this effect.http://www.lo-mac.com/screens.php?id=1896

Guest CapnCol

Thanks for the tip. I'm not normally too bothered about combat sims (although my son loves his) but this is just awesome. Will keep watching this with interest.Have a nice weekend.Colin