Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

Eric Cantu i like your MD- 80 series , but

Eric Cantu i like your MD- series, but why does it have no opening doors, that is the max in modern aircraft developing, anyway maby next time.Best regards,

I believe the upcoming 737-200/300 by the same team will have opening doors.... Myself, I think the great work on these aircraft minimizes the lack of doors... I Dl'd the DC-9 this morning.... Outstanding, and w/reflections, very framerate friendly....-John

Eric and his team have made some very conscientious decisions in regards to detail in order to get a us nice frame rate. I appreciate that. Im not a door opener really anyway as I like to fly rather than admire things sitting on the ramp. I actually think that the decision on the MD80 series to not have a transparent cockpit made thier models actually look more realistic than most other visual models out there. Most modelers make it look like there are floodlights on inside...take a look at most real world photos and you'll see what I mean. I think the models by SG FFX are the nicest MD series and now DC-9 that we have seen for FS. The FM's are great and with the later MD series and now the 737-200/300 a great niche has been filled in the freeware arena. The 737 series looks to rival any payware aircraft out there, at least visually. There are so many nice cockpits for these aircraft I wonder why anyone has bought these models at all. I think the DC-9 is as good or better than the Iron Knuckles version! Thank you SG FFX, a landmark in freeware development!! :)Hornit

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, to be honest, I didn't even try whether their MD-80s and DC-9s had opening doors, but I don't think I will miss them too much either - because their absence does not diminish the excellence of these fine planes in any way, IMHO :D .You guys get a big thumbs-up from me! :DCheers,

>that is the max in modern aircraft yes, i agree vehemently! i actually deleted 35 payware aeroplanes from my hard drive, simply because they did not have opening doors. this is an outrage! i wasted all that money only to find that i can't see the door open! i demand microsoft release "aircraft door opening simulator 2003" (or "a century of aircraft with opening doors" if they prefer to maintain the franchise) to appease my wild addiction for doors that open. i have over 10000 pictures of real life aircraft with open doors, would you like to see them? you are obviously a fellow connoseuir of the genre.

I am not a big "airline" flyer, but I d/l a couple to check them out and indeed they are fantastic quality, BUT I have to agree, for myself, I like to see a very visual model with all the eye candy, including the opening doors and the virtaul cabin, etc. I do realize it comes at a price in a FPS hit, but after experiencing it, that is just what "I" like. This in no way means I am citicising the design, they are spectacular, but like some won't fly it if it doesn't have a VC, I usually don't keep it if it doesn't have the extras.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Timbo

:-lolJust downloaded a few of the DC-9's and they're definitely some of the best jets I've seen for FS. I love the TWA 70's livery. What's the best free DC-9 panel? I've been considering the IK DC-9, but for now I'd like something for free.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td colspan=2]

Last updated Dec. 31

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest imemyself

Where can you see the screenshots of the 737-200 and 300s?

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Looks like somebody's been a little spoiled here... C'mon. Do u fly with the doors open? :-lol No. So I don't see why the big demand for it. I think people would rather fly than watch the dcor open @ 3FPS. :) But hey, maybe I am wrong.Cheers,Daniel PimentelPainter. :)http://www.aa.com/content/images/home/homeLogo.gif______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain