Sign in to follow this  
michal

Century of flight

Just a quick suggestion about the upcoming Century of Flight.If microsoft just have a look at what TRI did with the Fly series in terms of fluidity I would be such a happy guy. I feel that one of the most important parts of the flight sim should be the fluidity in game play. I'm not really talking about frame rates but more the sense of movement while in flight.I would welcome any other thoughts on this issue?I'm real glad to see we are going to be getting some great clouds!Steve.

An update to the current FS2002 engine shouldn't warrant a new machine either. FS09 should be a refined build that in many respects should give us better fluidity in flight. We'll have to wait and see what happens...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>If microsoft just have a look at what TRI did with the Fly >series in terms of fluidity I would be such a happy guy.Which FLY are you talking about FLY!2k or FLYII ?. The latter is anything BUT fluid - stutters horribly on my set up despite many attempts to correct situation (short of buying a new computer). On the other hand FS2002 is very smooth. Yes, FLY!2k was quite smooth primarily because of its limited scenery horizon. TRI did in my opinion very poor choice of linking aircraft movement with scenery update logic - in FS2002 they are decoupled like in all other professional flight simulators (I used to work for a flight sim. company). I once wrote a big post on the subject. Suffice to say that in my opinion Microsoft's approach is superior. I hope they stick with it in FS9. They may even improve on it by using multithreading.Michael J.