Sign in to follow this  

Lago FSSE users please

I've used it to build terminals as well. Here's an after and before of CYQG (Windsor) to illustrate.

I also have FSSE and I think it is a great program for what it does. With it I was able to edit my home airport (KBUF - Buffalo Niagara International) and make it look 10 times better than the default in about 2 hours. In that short time I was able to add the real world gates, static aircraft, some hangers, parking lot with lights, and some buildings around the airport.There are more complex scenery tools out there, so if you are looking to get into more complex development try something else. However if you are like me and don't have the time to spend learning a new program and would rather spend most of your time flying, then it is a great program. Another big plus is that you can download other people's creations from the Lago website. Before Simflyers Toronto came out, there was an excellent FSSE file for Toronto which I used often. Plus as others have mentioned, FSSE has very little impact on frames.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest slydon

It is great I think. I do wish there were more small planes to scatter maybe a chopper. As it is there are only two small planes and one of them has no wheels. Otherwise I like it very much and I don't think you would regret buying it. Don

Guest RobA

Sid, Thanks for the link to some of your FSSE stuff. :-) BTW, the squirrel, if properly sized , makes a great deiceing station. ;-)Rob

I love FSSE as well. A nice point that has not been mentioned yet is that there are large numbers of FSSE files out there to download for your enjoyment. There are hundreds on Lago's site, and some nice ones for the east coast of the US here on AVSIM.Tony

>Do you still have that picture of the FSSE Squirrel on the >runway? Here ya' go Barry....just for you. :)http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/squirrel.htmlCAUTION: some people may find this picture offensive. Others may laugh their a**es off.Maybe we should have a "make up your own caption" contest. :)Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]MyTraffic/Radar Contact/FSMeteo/FSSE/FSassist/FDC

Yes, that's a good point. Also, if you download some scenery and don't like something about it, you can change it just as easily as you can create your own...it's the same process.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]MyTraffic/Radar Contact/FSMeteo/FSSE/FSassist/FDC

>I love FSSE as well. A nice point that has not been >mentioned yet is that there are large numbers of FSSE files >out there to download for your enjoyment. There are >hundreds on Lago's site, and some nice ones for the east >coast of the US here on AVSIM. >Tony Nearly a thousand by now, no other add-on for FS has that many user created add-in files.Mathijs KokLAGO

Guest slydon

yes I agree with the numbers of files available. HOWEVER-- I have not been able to download one for weeks. Every time I try I get the page cannot be displayed message. Am I the only one that gets this?? Doesn't seem like I would be.

No it happens - Just tried to download and: The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please try the following:Click the Refresh button, or try again later.If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.If you would like Windows to try and discover them, click Detect Network Settings Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed. If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0. Click the Back button to try another link. Cannot find server or DNS ErrorInternet Explorer Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Lindy

:-laugh1 :-xxrotflmao Priceless!Thanks for posting :-smooch I had never seen this!!! -Lindy :-wave

>yes I agree with the numbers of files available. HOWEVER-- >I have not been able to download one for weeks. Every time >I try I get the page cannot be displayed message. Am I the >only one that gets this?? Doesn't seem like I would be. Darned, let me get right into that. It's on a FTP we are about to replace and it would not surprise me if it would be playing its own game sometimes. I'll make sure there is a combined file (that includes almost all files) for download this evening. I'll report in this thread.Mathijs KokLAGO

I just bought FSSE last night. So far I am very impressed and wondering why I didn't get this excellent product sooner. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to really "enhance" the sometimes very boring scenery in FS2K2. The great thing about FSSE (IMHO) is just how incredibly easy it is to add scenery objects and move them around. This is a must-have product. I think anyone would enjoy it.Larry :-wavehttp://www.lagoonline.com/images/430.jpg