Sign in to follow this  

#8 Avsim vs FlightSim RTW Race Thread #8

Tell me where you're heading.I'm prepared to fly from there, 2 hours should give me time to wake up fully :-)

Unless we run into bad headwinds, our Cheyennes and Starship can do those legs in about 2 hours. If we do MYEF-KMYR is an overwater leg so can be longer according to the rules (:-)) and there is a lot of places to land between KMYR and KBOS if needed.We may be stretching the rules by planning thusly, but not breaking them.I'm more concerned about TFFR-MYEF, propose we put in MDPP in between that.

Landed !!Pics to followGo for it GuysRegardsFrancisco Leit

I'm off! Flying this leg with Cheyenne 400. :-)Jeff Williams (KDCA)

I'll be awaiting you there to take it on to MDPP.Do you have an ETA for me?

Hello All, Here are the promised pics... but first something about the flight.The flight was rather uneventful besides catching some good tail winds that shorted the time a bit. Came up the coastline direct to CYR and then had contact with TIM Vor about 170 NM out. Diverted just a bit to west of the Airfield to make way for a straight in approach (the normal procedure would be pass vertical to the VOR and then make a circuit to land).Again, when we start to descend some heavy turbulence showed it's presence and we went kind of fumbling down to the runway, but with the ILS and the large strip it was no problem...Here is the Metar at the arrival (the turbulence was really the worse)SYCJ (SJMP as nearest station) 07008Kt 9999 SCT015 28/21 Q1015Now the pics... Go for Boston... I hope i am awake to fly with you guys... I think this will happen around 1400 to 1600 Zulu time... Is this correct ? It will be earlier, or shall we wait untli some determined time to fly (provided we have the advantage on our side, obviously) ?RegardsFrancisco Leit

Jeff,Good to see that Cheyenne blast through the darkness.(I've been flying a beautiful Eric Joiner Cheyenne repaint. But at night, the original tail art appears as a ghost to frighten the pilot and speed the craft forward...)Like all of us, I've been peeking (and more than peeking) during what should have been a very busy work day. And was lucky enough to contriubte a flight earlier this evening.An honor to fly along with you all.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Update. 275 miles out of TFFR. 31000, 372knts GS. Jeff Williams (KDCA)

40 Miles Out. Getting setup for ILS approach. 10 minutes plus some landing time.Jeff Williams (KDCA)

Looking good guys.After the next flight begins and the pilot posts a new subthread, I'll start a bit of a discussion about our planning for the home stretch.Jeroen, Jeff, and anyone. If you are still here, I'd like to get your views on the matter.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

OK Mike. As I see it the last 2 legs should pose no problems in our fast aircraft (plus the one to Myrtle Beach is overwater so can be longer under the regs).I've split the flight to Exuma into 2 legs, making each under 2 hours.That means just 4 legs to go and we're home.

Landed. More to follow shortlyCruise altitude 31,000 feet. At one point I had quartering winds (129/14) and attained a groundspeed of 382knts. Later hit headwinds of 20 and slowed to 350knts. Cheyenne is a good go fast/high choice for this assignment.Jeff Williams (KDCA)