Sign in to follow this  
John F

FFX/SGA DC-9-51 missing pilot textures....

Hey guys, AWESOME work on the new aircraft!! :) :)But the pilots are missing their textures ;)Just a heads up :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

bumpShane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

BumpSo somebody from FFX/SGA sees it.Shane

Ark

Shane, with all due respect ... FFX members' emails are clearly identified in the READMEs ... why on earth, whether you're correct or not, do you see fit to raise such issues in the forums?Methinks you have too much time on your hands ...;) Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I'm a computer engineer on my days off (if that makes any sense), so I'm on my computer anyways. Basically, I get paid to be on the Avsim forums!! WOOT! :-lolYou actually raised a good point. I guess I never really thought of sending them emails since it is easier to just "click" a link here.:)Shane

Ark

I'll probably have a thousand emails on this one. :(Erick did the cockpit at the last minute. Originally the aircraft didn't have transparent windows as the Super 80 was. But at the "fianl hour" before release, he surprised me with it. His reasoning behind no textures (and I agree) is that in real life, you can't really see too clearly in the cockpit anyway unless zooming in with a camera lens or standing right next to it. Same goes for the lack of fan blades on this release.I have yet to see a crew being textured correctly anyway. Mapping a pic of a head around such a small part is difficult at best. The aircraft is built for simplicety and ease on frames. I'd say Erick and the rest of us did a pretty good job on it. So stop flying it from the nose and climb back into the cockpit. Enjoy it. :Dmike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

You guys definately did a great job on the aircraft! No denying that!But if you are going to add a pilot figure into the cockpit don't you think you should texture it?You stated that IRL you can't really see into the cockpit clearly, but this is FS2002 and you can see into the cockpit clearly.It is ultimately you and your groups choice but IMO not texturing a visible pilot is kind of cutting your own work short.Shane

Ark

Personally I dont think its that big a deal really, I saw this today and thought, no big deal, pretty close to reality unless you spend an inordinate amount of time zoomed in to the pit area. I have no problem with it. These are the best looking "realistic" windows anyway.Hornit

I agree with Jim on this. For me, the thing that most detracts from the realism of an otherwise great model is seeing an abnormally bright, transparent cockpit area with two little cloned doll heads sitting side by side.John