Sign in to follow this  
Guest DWillens

One Suggestion re FSPassengers

Guest DWillens

I know a lot of us use fspassengers with 767LDS, and loading pax and fuel is done through that program rather than through the 767 config manager. This means that the numbers provided by fs2crew are different. Not a big deal. But, maybe in a future update you could have fs2crew check for fspassengers installation and if one exists use those numbers instead (don't know how difficult that would be to program though).Damon

Thats an incredible idea... I was having some problems now with that. I 'guess' that the logic would not be 'that' hard if there is an offset where ZFW is stored rather than taking/reading the value from a file.The only options right now are to either disable the loading utility in FSPAX and make it a dummy utility which is no good, or use the FSPAX utility to load passengers and have FS2Crew report incorrect weights, no good either.The way i see it, It's much easier to have FS2Crew 'read' the correct weights from FSPassenger, that would make a better integration with the products and will enable more users to try and test BOTH products knowing they are both not only compatible but integrated very well.

Guest Bud

I also would very much like to see this happen. FSPax alters the figures in memory, as opposed to altering files so I guess it is possible. It would be even better for those of us who use progs like Wideview, or have other panel add-ons installed as each time it's used the Cfg. Manager reverts to the original panel.Just one thing on FSPax - it isn't quite a dummy utility - you can still use it to load fuel onto the plane by pressing the Advanced Fuel button.Bud

Correct, the FSPax loading utility is not 'completely' disabled when changing the parameter to ignore it in more_options.cfg. Just that using it for simply loading fuel is not good enough.Imagine having a random number of passengers load the plane (based on ticket price and other economics) then having FS2Crew report souls on board and correct ZFW when contacting Jetset traffic and having correct weight reports the moment the ZFW value is calculated. That would be heaven! then only thing needed for this is to get values from memory instead of a file. It will also make FS2Crew much more realistic, since it is calculating weights based on actual loading of the aircraft and not fixed parameters in a file.

Guest Bud

Absolutely agree. Just hope that Bryan is able to come up with the goods. He usually does!Bud

It's a great idea because I know a lot FS2Crew users also use FSPass at the same time.Integrating two seperate products that use custom variables is not easy however.I'd really need an SDK from the FSPass Dev Team to do the job properly.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello BryanThere has actually been quite a number of very positive posts on the FS Pass site about the use of the two programs together. Dan Steph, the developer of the latter has always been most helpful and I'm sure he would be amenable to an approach designed to achieve better integration in this area.Bud