Sign in to follow this  
Kele_

Jetset Traffic / Line page / Comm radio 2 problem

Hi!I have a small problem with FS2Crew: I can't hear any conversation with Servisair. I do according the tutorial:> 11. Enter 130.65 in Comm Radio 2. Make sure the frequency is active. > 12. Press the SECONDARY BUTTON to initiate the radio conversation with Servisair.But after pressing the secondary button nothing happens.Also Jetset Traffic / Line page does not open when I enter131.70 in Comm Radio 2, as advised in the manual. I activated the frequency too.I'm pretty sure but I have to ask: Comm Radio 2 means the lower VHF radio on pedestal?Do I need to set up something from the audio panel? I tried activating the right VHF (volume and mic) but no difference.Otherwise FS2Crew works perfectly. Thanks for the great product!Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Hello,It sounds like you're doing everything right.All I can suggest is that you double your settings for the Secondary Button.Also, when you press the Secondary Button, make sure it's a firm press.You'll see the Marker Beacon Ident flash on/off when you press it.Also, maybe this is it: Call Servisair after talking to the Engineer.FS2Crew needs to be activated for it to work.Hope that offers a clue.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks Bryan for suggestions but I'm afraid the problem remains.I tried different joystick buttons and keyboard keys as Secondary Button. I can see the marker flashing when I press the secondary button. I have tried to "call" servisair in different phases of flight (ground, and also before TOD when FA tells me a wheelchair etc is needed). I tried with VC and 2D panel but still no difference.Finally, I tried something experimental. I made a small modification to the panel.cfg. In "window 33" (which is the Jetset Line) I changed line "visible=0" to "visible=1". After that I could see the Jetset window and when I press some button I can hear conversation. Unfortunately the window disappears after I use any of its functions and I'm not able to get it back.It seems there is no reasonalbe explanation why it doesn't work properly. Well, I can live with that. Maybe when I got time to reinstall everything it will start working then.

I had a similar problem with my secondary button. Every time I pressed it, the autopilot disconnected. :) I found (on my system) several sources for assigning buttons:1. FS9 via the assignment button2. FUISP via the button menu3. LevelD custom control menu4. Radar Contact5. FSflightkeeperIt took a while to remember the LevelD menu and in fact I had assigned the secondary button with a Control Z. Have you checked all?Bob...

I too have this same problem. I'm unable to get the secondary button to trigger any of the radio conversations with Jet Set Traffic/Line etc. The secondary button is clearly working as the marker button flashes - and all other calls involving the use of the secondary button work OK - ie left engine start and so on.At first I thought it might have been because I had a keyboard assignment as well as a joystick assignment for the button - but even though I cleared this assignment (Ctrl +3) I still can't get communications opened with Jet Set Line etc.Are there an checks I can do to help resolve this issue please? I'm wondering if there's a pre-requirement condition that's not being satisfied to get these comms to work maybe? Apart from this minor glitch which fortunately doesn't affect the running of the rest of the simulation- I am knocked out by the whole experience. I'm doing things in my 767 that I never did before!!Whilst I enjoy David Barrington's honeyed tones very much indeed - I've just finished recording all the wav sets for myself as Captain - and my dear lady wife is halfway through doing the first officer(if you'll pardon the expression:7 ) we both recorded pilot sets for Radar Contact 4 - and so I shall shortly have a seamless join between the two programs.Once again Bryan - brilliant work - thanks very much indeed.

Thank you for the kind words.So you created your own voice set? What is your accent if I may ask? Perhaps you might want to share your work?For Jetset Line and Traffic, the conditions are this:1. COM2 = 131.70 (make sure the freq is active)2. FS2Crew activated.3. Marker Beacon Toggle = Pressed4. Aircraft is on the ground.If those conditions are met, that will open the dialogue panel for Jetset Traffic and Line.You realize that you would only need to open this panel *if* the FA informs you (somewhere around the 11 minute mark) that she's short of pillows, crew meals, pax meals, the IFE is broken, etc.For the Servisair Loadcontrol dialogue, the conditions are the same, except COM2 should be set to 131.65.There is no associated pop up panel with that dialogue. It's pure audio.Does that help?Cheers,Bryan

OK thanks Bryan - to go to the problem area first.1. COM2 is set 131.70 I'm certain the frequency is active - ie I tuned it whilst it was the standby frequency and activated the TFR switch and the display on the right hand side brightened - this was the one I had set to 131.70.2. FS2Crew is definitely activated.3. Marker Beacon Toggle = Pressed? Not sure if you're meaning the secondary switch here, but if so it's pressed VERY firmly - the marker light flashes, and as I said earlier, the secondary button works without a problem in other areas - ie left engine start.4. Aircraft is definitely on the ground.Maybe I should try uninstalling and reinstalling?afa the voice set is concerned - I have a British accent - and Geri my wife has a much nicer voice than me - in fact one of the RC4 pilots - an Italian, begged me to get her to create a pilot voice set which jd (of RC4) also requested. So we're a British pair. Be happy to share the voice sets once they're finished if anyone is interested. In fact, I did send you a couple of test wav files when you requested volunteers to record sets for the 767. It's taken quite a while to sort out, but should be done in the next day or so.

Hi again.I just reinstalled both FS2Crew and Level-D 767 (I downloaded latest package from flight1 which includes all updates through Service Pack 3.0) but no help from that :/

Ah well - saves me the trouble of going through that procedure.Is it possible that another add-on is causing the problem.I have ASV6 & Radar Contact 4 although at the time I did the tutorial I had nothing else running apart from FS9.

I have only AOG's FSWXR - 2100 and FSMetar. FSWXR was running during the tutorial but don't know if it matters anything.. it's just a another pop-up window anyway.

That's interesting. Although I don't have it installed on the Level-D I also have AOG's FSWXR-2100, but I can't believe it is having any effect. However I'll remove the FSWXR2100.gau file from my gauges folder and see if it has an effect.

Hi again BryanJust re-checking and trying out things. Removing the weather radar gauge didn't make any difference:-( I just noticed you said that Servisair Loadcontrol was 131.65 whereas the manual says 130.65. I've tried both but neither gets a response.

Guest Jeffreymg

I know this may sound stupid but when you went and put in 130.65 for serviceair did you switch the radio switch from comm1 to comm2 as this is a common mistake? Jeff