Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nickio

It seems nice from afar but...

Guest Nickio

Still saving money for the release of the 747PMDG fs2crew version. Don't get me wrong 767 is a great plane, but 2D panels... uhhh I dont know about that.I dont mean to offend Bryan, but I am personally dissappointed that the best product, in my opinion, hasnt even been on the radar for fs2crew. I really hope that PMDG will help with SDK, as it is EXTREMELY Lonely to fly the queen without this great addon. I think its a win win situation for everyone.My money is ready, although not for 767...just my 2 cents.Thanks,Nick M

Hello Nick,There doesn't appear to be any SDK in the works from PMDG for their 747.That's their decision, please respect it, don't bug them about it.What this means for any PMDG 747 version of FS2Crew is that I would have to use simulated mouse clicks and keypresses to get the FO to interface with the PMDG 747 (same system used in the PMDG 737 version of FS2Crew).Mouse clicks would need to be used because without an SDK, there is no other way to interface with the plane in a meaningful way. Without mouseclicks, I'd be able to control the gear and flaps, and that would be about it.It's a limitation that effects anyone that tries to merge their software with custom programmed aircraft like the PMDG 747 that do not use the MS SDKs.So it's basically your call.Basically I can do a PMDG 747 version... it would be good, but it won't be as good as the Level-D version due to the lack of an SDK.I'm interested to know what your opinions are.Cheers,Bryan

Hi All,After owning and using all 4 of your products the ATR and 767 are without a doubt a huge improvement over the 737 version. (I have the main and secondary mapped to the toggle switch on the CH flight yoke so its a dream to use !!)I personally would find it a big disappointment to move away from the interface that you have developed and return to the 737 style interface.Its a shame you couldnt develop for the SSTSIM Concorde, now that really needs a simulated crew addon for the FO and FE ! But I understand not that many people own SSTSIM so commercially it wouldnt be viable :(I would like a 747 version but if it would be like the 737 then I think youd be better off working on another popular add-on that has an SDK. Are there any other mainstream aircraft with SDK?Best regards and thanks for your excellent productsGraham

Hello Graham,Agreed, the 767 is a massive improvement over the 737 version. I've learned a lot since doing the PMDG 737 version over a year and half ago.For the 747, I could use the Main and Secondary Button system that's used in the ATR, 767 and 172 version.That system I can keep.However, I would probably have to use the Mini-Popup panels to get the FO to make simulated mouse clicks so that he could actually interface with the 747.Without an SDK from PMDG, it's the only way I could get the FO to interface with the plane and flip switches.Bryan

If there is no SDK coming, I think it's PMDG's loss. I won't buy another bigger jet if there isn't even a theoretical chance to get a FS2Crew version for it one day.I agree that it would make little point to go back to the 737 style.

Guest Paul Heaney

I agree with the comments from the other folk. LevelD and PMDG are head to head on which people believe is the best. So, many strongly believe they already have an FS2CREW for the best one. Perhaps PMDG will release an SDK and Bryan can work his magic.

Guest DieterA

I would support a 747 FS2Crew addition even if it meant going back to the simulated mouse click window. I can't see that being a big issue. The only draw back to me would be to have to manually enter all the variables as it is currently done with the 737. But the positives would certainly offset the negatives.In short, my decision to buy the next FS2Crew product would not be due to the a/c model, but simply due to the fact that there would be a FS2Crew addition for it, regardless of the way it is done (SDK or no SDK). The experience is just that good! The product itself redefines the a/c. Bryan has a clear winning line of products in his hands. So I can't see him losing either way...Just my 2 cents...Dieter

Mmmm... an FS2CrewPMDG744 with mini panel !?!A definite No No for me... I didn't like those mini panels... Such a HUGE approvement since the ATR version... Uh uh, no way I get back there...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest Nickio20

I fully understand the concern of the pilots here as going back to the minipanels is a drawback. But I still believe that PMDG 747 fs2crew should still be done even with the small panels. I can see my virtual airline www.stevens-va.de, which is exclusively pmdg 747 VA, using fscrew regardless of any panels. So that would be my vote- do it anyway. The primary and secondary buttons would also greatly enhance the experience. And the minipanels could be undocked and dragged to the side for thos who have the luxury of 2 monitors.I guess the big question is for Bryan..., would there be any loss of performance or perhaps loss of full functionality or realism if we were to go back to the older system. Maybe we should start a poll and see how it goes. Anyway I respect all sides here as different people have different interests and opinions. I just hope that we can all come to some sort of an agreement so this bird can be full of Life with fs2crew!Thanks,Nick M

Well Id say the 747 is the next big commercial addon to look at, or thinking maybe even Captain Sim Hercules C-130. If the 747 is designed similar to 737 then so be it. I'll still use it, after all the 737 is perfectly usable. I will be buying the next FS2Crew regardless what aircraft its for, if I dont have the aircraft then I will buy it! RegardsGraham

Bryan:If not the PMDG 747-400 which aircraft? The only other big iron one that I think would be worthy of FS2Crew would be the Dreamfleet 727 (assuming they would give you the SDK) but that is an old aircraft and would finding a pilot or pilots for help be easy? It would be kind of interesting to incorporate a flight engineer into the FS2Crew. My vote would still be for the PMDG 747-400 even if you have to use the mini-panels. I still fly the 737 a lot with the mini panels and enjoy it just as much as the ATR. I just click the mini panels off when not using them. I would stay away from anything by Captain Sim but thats just my opinion. Some other possibilities would be the Coolsky MD-80, Feelthere ERJ 145 (great systems, although the VC is not great) and the Aerosoft King Air.Mike