Sign in to follow this  
BillVC303

clean undies

Bryan!You owe me a new pair of underware. I beta tested for you and never had this happen. I was in the climb and "SPLAT" I get a Canadian Goose hit the window! Holy @#$%! I just about had to call 911 for a medic! LOL... It scared the bejesus out of me! Any more "suprises" coming? Congrats on the fine product!Now where is that F/O to slap around for not seeing it coming?:0)

Hi Bryan,I have bumped this one, as I must be one of the luckiest, or unluckiest 767 captains of all time.I have just had my third bird strike in five flights, This can't be normal, but what is the normal frequency for the programme?I am getting unusually good at landing whilst looking through a shattered HP's windscreenChris.P.S this was a good one, I had just rotated of rw18 at EDDF and was starting the Climb out when THUMP.

Hi Chris,If you click the 'OIL CHECK' button on the FO Commands page when Clock.Second = 29 or 43, then you will arm one of three possible bird strike scenerios.FYI, in Update 1 the Capt no longer automatically calls for the Shattered/Broken Glass section in the QRH. You will have to manually call for it by making the appropriate selection on a new Non-Normals Page.Bryan

Cheers Bryan,Nice to know. I have just filed the ASR with my Training Captain at BAV. He swears I am trying to break every 767 in our fleet over there! As for the new non-normals page, I take it this update will activate/ add further failures in the programme?any clues on what we may be getting?Chris

Hi Chris,Update 1 already includes about 30 changes. I'm still debating whether to include new non-normals in Update 1 or save them for later updates... I need to save something you know for Updates 2 and 3 :-)Cheers,Bryan

Guest icywings

As a real world pilot I have always enjoyed being able to practice/play and run through as many emergency procedures that I can get my hands on, especially when they are unexpected. So, when you talk about waiting until update 2, I beg you to please include them all in update 1. I am a brand new customer of yours so I will understand if my suggestion carrys little weight.GREAT PRODUCT!!!!! Thank you for helping to bring the real world into our home computers.~icy