Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

I hate to be the first to report problems but.. :(

The initial impression is great, there seems to be a lot to this version.Unfortunately I seem to be running into a lot of problems.1. The paperwork window fonts seem to be almost unreadable. You can barely make out that some of the figures are "real" but for example the V-speed numbers are totally unreadable. I tried resizing the window but no help.2. I have tried the tutorial twice now, and the first problem comes at items 49-50 at the kneeboard where someone is supposed to bring the distribution forum at 4 minutes and the FA ask for close-up at 3 minutes. Well, no one appears, doors close and at 0 minutes the FO dialogue pops up. Prior to that the Before start list has been completed.3. On takeoff, the last thing the FO says is "power set" during the takeoff roll. He will not call for 80,V1... and anything after that. After rotation there is no positive rate or gear up call. The only thing the control buttons produce at that point is "Checked" from secondary and nothing from the primary. So, the simulation has to be stopped there.Any ideas?

1.) don't have the problem good to read here...2.) did you call for the loadsheet?First steps should be:- Master panel start clock- 130.65 Comm2 Nav active call with secondary button- Cockpit setup flow at 26 mins FO- Program FMC but don't fill in the weights...- After receiving the loadsheet fillup the FMC- AT 16 min IRS alignment set MCP: AT / FD / RW HD / BUGS- Start Pre- departure briefing via master panel- AT 9 min start with the main button the before start checklist- At 4 mins paperwork - At 3 mins ready to close up- At 2 mins do a pax welcome via the pedestal ;-)- Your seatbelt via masterpanel...- O min FO ask to call startcrew answer with yes he starts the before start flow- after he is finished just call the startcrew via the right landing light on/offHope this is helpfull works overhere every time ;-)Andr

André

I think Bryan has to chime in here lol or beta testers ;-)- The clock is at o minutes (maybe a dumb question)bcz there is a pause function at the right bottom corner of the clock....SP3 level-d installed...Did you run the config manager of Level-d after installation of FS2Crew?Hope the suggestions are usefull so you can enjoy this masterpiece...Andr

André

Hello Kyle,1. Fonts. What resolution are you running in? The numbers on the paperwork are small, granted. We have to fit them on the screen. I can read them fine, however. Are you refering to the FS2Crew non-generic numbers?2. Paperwork not showing up: My only thought is that perhaps you're taking FS2Crew out of the right mode. It's hard to say because no beta tester had that issue.I suggest running the tutorial again, and run it line-by-line to the absolute letter. 3. I'll assume for three that you're following the tutorial line-by-line.Make sure you're in takeoff mode (confirm it by looking at the Dep Brief Page).If you hear the RTO Review brief play, then you know you are in takeoff mode.This is triggered by hitting the Secondary Button after you instruct the FO to seat the Cabin for departure. There is a backup though. Just click on the RTO REV text on the Takeoff Page, and that will force you into takeoff mode.Hope that helps,Bryan

Hello Bryan1. I'm running 1280x960. I meant the "active" figures, not the generic ones.2. Strangely enough, third time did the trick. I did everything according to the tutorial just like before and now everything worked. Perhaps the only difference was that the previous two tried I finished the before start checklist a bit later. Could that be it?3. Same as above, got it to work. I confirm that I was in takeoff mode during those times when it failed. This time around I hit the secondary button to call "checked" in response to the FO saying "power set" -I don't know if thats how it is supposed to be, if it is then its not covered in the tutorial.

Guest Jani Salo

helloI am having exactly the same problems as Kyle has. I also didn't get the paperwork or the flow b4 pushback. Also no FA showed up prior to pushback. Also the FO seemed to go sleep after he applied 60% N1 to the engines on takeoff roll. Then I did not hear the 80kts, V1, Rotate, V2, positive rate and gear up calls. I also did everything as instructed in the tutorial.Jani

Gentlemen,We are working on it as we speak - please stay tuned and we shall get back to you with possible procedural culprit ASAP.It must be something to do with the timing of particular actions.Like I said, it is being investigated.Thank you,Dom

Guest Jani Salo

Great ! Looking forward to a patch.regards, Jani

Jani, just want to make myself clear - I am not talking about patching the product as majority of users do not have a problem you describe.We are talking about going through every single procedure and exposing it to different timing exercises.This, in effect, should give us some guidlines of what triggers them sections to dissapear.Please let me know if you use the time deduction option by pressing the bottom left button on the clock.This would be critical information for our reference.Thank you,Dom

Guest Jani Salo

I think I might have accidentally pressed the button once and I recall pressing the right side button on the clock few times aswell. I am planning on doing the tutorial flight again tonight to see if I get it right this time.regards, Jani

I have this problem with the takeoff too, my FO stays silent after setting 60%.Has anybody found the cause of this yet please?I skip a few minutes by clicking on the centre of the clock, if thats any help !thanksGraham

Graham,Is Agent and FA coming in just prior to clock reaching zero?Are they coming at all?Also, do you experience any problems running departure brief and/or before start checklist?Thank you for supplying more info about this issue..CheersDom

Hi Dom{QUOTE}Is Agent and FA coming in just prior to clock reaching zero?Are they coming at all?Also, do you experience any problems running departure brief and/or before start checklist?{/QUOTE}Yes I have agent and FA and all loadsheets etc as stated in the manual/tutorial.I have no probs with dep brief or with FO setting 60% its just quiet after that. I get all prompts, press the correct buttons at the correct time (as stated in the manuals)Just tried the tutorial again but this time without skipping any time and I get the same result. Thats 6 times now, Ive not flown tonight because of this problem :( boo hooWhat do you suggest I could do? Reinstall?thanksGraham